“Honeymoon Vacation :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Vieux Fort
Wellington, Florida
“Honeymoon Vacation :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I think I read every review of every resort before choosing CBay as our Honeymoon resort. We were looking for something all inclusive, reasonably priced, which had entertainment. We were absolutely taken back by how nice the people were. The bartenders and the entire staff knew us by our name and always made us feel like a priority. (Skeeter and Small Jay were by far the best bartenders... "99 problems, Ain't 1") We traveled March 26-March 31st. We loved everything about this resort. The rooms (4th floor, harmony side) was beautiful. The AC Unit wasn't the best, the rooms are newly renovated, but the cleanliness, the daily flowers, and the notes from housekeeping were a nice touch. I have to agree, the food was a 4 / 5. I wish they had more authentic food but my husband and I don't travel only for food. We participated in numerous activities and attended all of the nightly activities. Our only wish was that they had the adult party at least one other time while we were there. It was so much fun! We were adults on our honeymoon and we spent most of our time on the kid’s side going down the slides and relaxing in the pool. I couldn't keep my husband off the slides. :) This is a great place if you are a couple that likes to have fun and not stay in your room the whole time. I would not call it really romantic but we weren't looking just for that. We left every day and went on an excursion booked through the hotel. The excursion staff was fun and very accommodating if the excursion wasn't exactly what we wanted. We went horseback riding from the resort, went on the sand and sea excursion (THIS IS A MUST), Ziplining,12 lines, through the rainforest (WORTH THE MONEY but you won't see animals), and we climbed Gros Piton TO THE TOP, went to Sulphur springs, took a mud bath and saw the so called drive in Volcano. The Gros Piton climb was by far our most memorable. You have to pay for a tour guide (14 years old kid). The people in that village are so so nice. The kid was a lot of fun and motivated us to keep climbing when it got tough. I am a Crossfitter and I struggled. At the end, he invited us to his parents’ house for Easter lunch. I couldn't believe how safe we felt and how kind the people were. They offered us fruits and plants to take back with us. The food was excellent. (THIS WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR) It just shows how nice the people are. The mud bath is a must. I wanted to go there because I saw it on the show The Bachelorette. It is such a neat experience. I could go on and on about what an amazing experience we had with the locals and at the resort. This island and culture has so much to offer. Every local we met had a story or experience to share with us. Their outlook on life is so simple and refreshing. Whatever resort you choose, YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR RESORT AND SEE THE ISLAND AND THE WAY THESE PEOPLE LIVE. It is safe!!!!! It is such a learning experience. One you will never forget. Once again I can’t say enough about the staff at CBay. I have never met so many people that love their job! Overall we loved everything about Coconut Bay and WE WILL RETURN when we have kids one day! Thank you CBAY for making our Honeymoon a 100% success!

Room Tip: Don't wear Camo (not allowed on the island). LEAVE THE HOTEL AND TRAVEL THE ISLAND. GO TO THE LO...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

3,443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
Lone Tree, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I spent my 30th birthday in St. Lucia, and I could not have picked a better place and resort to celebrate the milestone. The food is of the highest quality, be it the buffet, outside grill, or the 3 fine dining restaurants, and service was more than great (the entire staff literally bends over backwards to accomodate your every wish). The Spa is spectacular, and the perfect upscale place to pamper yourself! And did I mention the bars and entertainment...?!?!?! If you are looking for a place to party, while simultaneously kicking back and relaxing, this is the place for you. The bar tenders, waiters and waitresses, and front staff truly make this place especially magical, for they know how to show everyone a real good time, while giving you over-the-top great service. Thank you Coconut Bay for making this the best vacation and birthday this lad has ever experienced!! If you want to experience the same, just seek out the following staff members (rather, they will seek you out) for a vacation that will bring you back year after year: Junias, Fenton, Kenwin, Birtram, Kay, Donna D., Marvin, Jimmy, and Da Joker. Thank you ladies and gents for all the island love, and giving me a birthday and experience I will cherish 'till the day I die! If you are planning a trip to St. Lucia, the only place to stay is the Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Harmony 4th Floor (Adult Side of the Resort). Great views of the entire resort, the Atlantic Ocean...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Clermont-Ferrand, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We came for the kitesurf and we loved it! The watersport team is by far the best one we met around the world. 3 portuguese friends that are as serious and professional as they are fun and cheerful.
The hotel accomodation were fine, the personnel always smiling and helpful. We are not used to "all inclusive" and spent most time doing sport rather than getting hammered around the pools like most, but we had good time. Out of the 2 lower points, the first is the quality of the special restaurants (that you have to book in advance) especially the asian one. Food was not great and service not good either. We ended up eating in the regular buffet restaurant, for food was much better and people smiling! Second low point is the spa: the person who gave me a massage made me feel i was as special as the 10000 others before me... The most automated and emotionless massage i ever had... My girlfriend had more luck with hers.
Besides this, we loved our stay, room large, AC (too?) Powerful, cleaning perfect (with a nice note left for us everyday by the maid), good bathroom.
Water slides and pools were great. We stayed in the Harmony aisle (for couples) and did not hear any children yells from the Splash aisle. On the other hand, drunken adults were noisy in the adult pool at night, but it never lasted long. After all, for such a resort we were highly impressed by the quietness although fun.
We will be back!!!!!!

Room Tip: Pick a room not on ground floor, they'll be people passing in front of your windows all the time...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Catalina Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I spent a week at this resort March 31 to April 6 and I was soo impressed by how clean things were and how friendly and helpful all the staff were. If you have younger children this is the place to be I guarantee it,I read many reviews and found that the food issue came up a lot not sure what people expect but the food was great hats off to the kitchen staff. As for entertainment that is another plus there is some amazing talent on this island and Coconut Bay has them all I think. This is a resort where people get involved in everything I guess where it is a smaller property people are more comfortable with each other. Thank you to everyone at Coconut Bay Beach Resort for making my week there a most memorable one ,hope to see you again.CHEERS ALL

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our second visit to the Coconut Bay - this time there were 10 of us - 6 adults and 4 children (3 under 5). We had a wonderful time - there was so much to do for each and every one; the hotel staff , as ever, were extremely friendly and helpful (they even smile - unlike the hospitality service in the UK!); the rooms were clean and well-cared-for; and the food suited to every taste.
And there have been a number of improvements since our last visit - the beach has been greatly improved; there are additional water-sport facilities (e.g. canoes); the main restaurant layout has been pleasantly revamped; and the italian and creole restaurants make very pleasant alternative places to eat.
Overall, the resort offers first-class service, choice, and plenty of space - and what really made it for us was the unstinting warmth of all who work there - from the lads who harvest the coconuts to the waitresses and ladies (Mary D and Janice) who rustle up a fair 'personlised' omelette to start your day. Well done, one and all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at Coconut Bay with a friend for spring break - March 3rd to 10th, 2013.

I have been to many islands and all-inclusives. It is not a 5 star resort but I would rate it as a 4 star resort.

Spent a fun and relaxing week at this resort. Property was very nice and I felt safe. There are two sections to this resort. Adult side (Harmony) and Family side.

Beach: Lovely beach. Took a walk each day from one end to the other end. At the far end to the left is the sports activity centre. I am sure that many people don't even know that it exists as it is so far away. Management should bring it closer to where the beach chairs are. Tried kayaking and paddle-boarding - tons of fun! Great location for kite-surfers. Always enjoyed watching the kite-surfers. There is seaweed but it is picked up by the tractor which comes by more than once a day. It did not bother me. The ocean was beautiful and warm and I swam in it each day. Also played frisbee on the beach. The chairs were fine. Didn't have to wake up super early to get one and there are palapas too that provide shade. There is also a volleyball net.

Pools: There are 3 pools An adult only pool, a kids' pool and a pool for activities. There is also a hot tub by the adult pool. I basically swam in the pool for activities. Each morning I was there for the 11 a.m. Aqua fitness class with Vernon. He is charming and a great instructor. Loved it.
There are also activities in this pool at different times like water polo or water volleyball, etc. It was clean and warm.

Bars: There are many bars to choose from. Lobby bar is nice and drinks were good. They often ran out of Mango though. There is also the pool bar. Mitch was fantastic at the pool bar. Junias was hilarious at the adult bar and has a ton of t-shirts which tourists leave him from all over the world. There is also the blue bar which was nice with tvs to watch sports and there was also a bar in the lounge upstairs which was fine as well.

Rooms: Rooms were very clean and we stayed in room 103. Maryanne was our maid and she is super sweet and always did a great job with our room. Thank you, Maryanne!

Entertainment: There are animators who are always energetic. Samanfer is great and always full of energy!There was always a singer or a band in the lobby each night. There were also shows in the evenings. Also as of 10 p.m., there was a pianist or a band upstairs in the lounge/disco area as well.

Excursion: We booked the "land and sea" full day excursion through Air Transat. It was $120 US.
We really enjoyed it. Bradley was a great guide on our Catamaran as was Captain Kent. We went to two snorkeling spots and also visited the town of Soufriere. Visited the Botanical Gardens with June, our lovely guide as well as the Drive-in Volcano. Could smell the sulphur springs and see the steam. We had a nice guide. Got somse beautiful photos of the two Majestic Pitons from the Catamaran as well. Had lunch at a local restaurant. Didn't much care for it as it lacked variety and quality wasn't very good. Lunch was included in the price of this excursion.

Vendors: Every Tuesday and Saturday, local vendors set up shop on the resort. You can try to bargain but it does not always work. Also, not all of their prices are good and I found the gift store prices to be cheaper.

Restaurants: You can book as many a la carte dinners as you want. We really enjoyed Calabash which we had twice. The Asian resto was okay as everything was breaded. The Italian was okay as well and it was outdoors. The main buffet restaurant was fine as there was always a variety of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. On Tuesday and Saturday nights, there is an outdoor buffet type beach party for dinner. Jump into the line early as the line is super long and the food gets cold. Seating fills up and we had to join a table with another couple but that was fine. There is also a beach grill for lunch or a late dinner. Wraps, wings, fries, salads, burgers, pizza and nachos, etc - all very good and made on the spot.

The resort is 5 minutes from the airport which is just wonderful!

Overall, we had a very good time at this resort. The employees worked hard and the resort was really nice. We were just not pleased about not being informed about the voucher for the spa and the gift shop upon check-in as other people had been informed. Also, management didn't give us anything to make up for their error which was a shame.

Please make sure to get your voucher for the spa and the gift store. We didn't know about it and only found out the day before we left through a kind employee in the gift shop. We were able to use the voucher for the gift store and got some really nice souvenirs but the spa voucher they did not honour. We were quite upset as we should have been informed about these vouchers when we checked in but we didn't get anything but the room key! We are still not happy about this but life goes on. Also, when you check-in, you have to give a credit card and they put a $200 hold on it as a deposit which is returned to you when you check out. Upon check-in, we received a cold cocktail which was nice and facecloths to freshn up.

Bring some $1 for tips. It goes a long way and is appreciated.

There is a stray resort dog. Lovely personality and older. We took turns feeding it. If the dog is there when you visit, please continue feeding it and caring for it.

Shout out to the following employees who were fantastic and anyone else we may have forgotten:

Titi
Big Ted

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

À simple review to say that this place is on top fo our list. Everything that we read on trip advisor about the resort is close to 100% right. Food and staff are amazing, hôtel is old but clean. They are working hard to keep the beach clean. It's a great place for kids.

We just have positive to say and we are going back for sûre.

Enjoy...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!