“We want to go back already!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Savings!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Cumbria, England
“We want to go back already!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

We visited St Lucia last week for my Uncle's wedding at the Coconut Bay Resort and Spa. 14 of us went on the holiday / wedding trip, ages ranging from 17yrs to mid 50's and we all enjoyed it as much as each other. Me and my partner are 25 & 26.

We flew with Virgin, which meant that from the minute we boarded the plane, we were all inclusive. Recommended! Plus the plane was only half full going both ways, so we could stretch out. Two people to every four seats!

On first impressions when we arrived late at night, it seemed odd that the lobby, restaurant, bar and entertainment area, as well as the access to the rooms, were all open to each other. However, this turned out to be a great feature of the hotel. Especially as there were a few of us, it meant is was an open space where we could all sit together, and always have someone we knew in sight. It gave the hotel a great 'lets all join in' atmosphere.

The Pool areas off of the lobby were lovely, bright and fresh. The beach was very well kept to the left of the hotel, but more rugged and natural to the right.

We spent most of our time in the Adults pool area which we nicknamed 'Saga Corner'! But it was really relaxing and it felt like you were in your own private area. Perfect!

The gardens did not have a twig out of place. The gardener even hand picked us some flower petals to throw on the wedding day.

The rooms were spacious yet comfortable, the air con very efficient, and the balconies had great views.

All the staff were very helpful, happy and chatty. Junias on the beach bar was so pleasant, bringing drinks and sandwiches round in the afternoon. And Big Ted and Sting Ray on the main bar always had cocktail ideas!

The best i think was H in the late bar and nightclub. There was only 4 of us who wanted to dance but he organised a DJ and food for us and kept the drinks flowing!

My only niggle about this resort, is that the lobby bar closed at about 12am and the nightclub at 1am. It would of been nice to drink a little later some nights as you are in the pool till nearly 7!

The good thing about the bars in this hotel was that not only were local basic drinks like rum, brandy etc, available, but they had Heineken and Piton beer on draught, Malibu, baileys, wines, pernod etc. All the same drinks that you'd find behind the bar in your local. The fruit drinks are just what you need to refresh your pallet in the middle of the day too!

The a la carte restaurants were fantastic, however, you don't get much food on your plates so feel free to order two or three of each course. The buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner had such a wonderful range of foods. The fish of the day was always excellent!

The wedding services were second to none. The co-ordinator was lovely, on hand everyday to sort any last minute things. The gazebo and function room (building) was decorated with fresh flowers. We had champagne coming out of our ears! The meal was out of this world aswell.

I could go on forever about how much I enjoyed my week here, we've only been back 4 days and are planning to go again next year. I wish we could go back today, but I suppose I have to go to work! :(

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

M&M Cumbria x

Ps. the hot tub is a must last thing each day, followed by a Pina Colada before changing for dinner!!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — The bars close at 1am :( to early for us sometimes as you are round the pool till late.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,272)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at Coconut Bay. I travelled with my husband and our 2 children aged 8&7.
We all had a great time.
We flew with Virgin and the flight was v.comfortable ice-creams during the movies was a nice touch. The transfer from the airport is great less than 5 mins.
On arrival at the hotel we found that we had been upgraded from a ground floor room to a room on the 4th floor. All rooms overlook the pool, the higher floor you go the better the view of the sea and the beautiful Maria Islands. Room was fine 2 queen sized beds good hanging and storage space (although I did pack extra hangers) fridge, safe tv (the kids were more than happy with the channel selections), the room and bathroom had all been recently renovated and were very clean. Voltage points are english sockets-Ladies don't bother with hair straighteners, no matter how straight your hair looks in the room it will be frizzy the moment you step outside the door!
We had no problem with bugs and ants, they spray the rooms every day and just be sensible-if you leave the balcony door open they will get in! We all wore lots of repellent at night and between us only got a few bites.
The resturants in the hotel were good. Main resturant- coconut Walk serves breakfast/lunch & dinner (with the exception of Sat & Tues which are caribbean and pirates night and food is served either outside or in the lobby area) all food was piping hot and of fairly good quality. The 2 a la carte resturants were very good personally I prefered the Italian (Bellagio)- they take the long trousers rule seriously! Both a la cartes operate as adults only after 7pm. The beach bar was great for a quick lunch and they are opening a pizza bar next to it in the next few weeks.
The beach isn't pure white caribbean sands-but thats because its on the Atlantic! seaweed was on the beach but I really don't see how the hotel could have kept it any cleaner than they did.
The pools are great,all around 3ft9inchs deep so ideal for the children to play. We hardly saw them, and we all loved the slides and the lazy river.
The kids club is GREAT we have a son and daughter and they were both reluctant to leave the club, we had to force them to have lunch somedays with us and not with the other kids and staff from the kids club! They run a full programme which includes nature walks, coconut painting,jewlerry making,tie dying and the best bit for the was the water park within the kids club. We have used lots of kids clubs in the past and this was definatly the best - infact it was probably too good!! If you want any more info on the kids facilities please contact me.
I used the gym daily which is well equipt and the grounds are really lovely to run round, although the beach is not so good.
We used the hotel laundry-it was VERY expensive I really wouldn't bother. On site there is a guest laundry, for $10 you get 2 tokens and powder, the machines are large and you can get loads in. Don't bother with the driers as they are very slow, make sure you take something you can hang clothes from and use you balcony instead.
To sum up our trip to Coconut bay I would say that if you have kids you can't get a much better. If you are travelling without kids they put you in the south block away from all the children and near the adults pool -everyones a winner!

• Liked — Kid Club and views
  • Disliked — Expensive laundry and not seeing my children!!!!
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

We came to visit family over the Easter school break, for 2 weeks, and ended up getting married! We wanted somewhere local for the honeymoon, as it was only to be for 2 days, and the family recommended Coconut Bay Resort from their own experiences.

Within 30 minutes of booking in we had extended our stay for a further day (would have been more, if we hadn't been due to return to the UK that weekend) and I cannot rate the hotel and it's staff too highly. From the very start the service we received was of the highest standard.

The first evening there was a group with a young female vocalist; her voice was as fresh and clear as a dawn chorus and set the standard for the entertainment throughout our short stay.

The rooms were very clean and the kingsize bed was almost the size of our bedroom, back home! Food was varied, and fresh ingredients used throughout the selection in the main restaurant.

There was an adult-only pool near the Health Spa, and this was an enjoyable experience as we could use it and still be only yards from the sea.

Other reviewers have whined about there being sea-weed (it is the Atlantic.... what do they expect?) but the hotel appeared to have cleared a section of the beach and put rock barriers to shield from the weeds, without looking artificial or invasive to the view from the beach.

Also, I read a comment from someone about there being children; it is a family resort, so there will be children! Choose an adult-only resort (Sandals??) if you don't want to have children around; I am a teacher, so don't always want children around me when I'm on vacation, but there were not hordes and they were not loud or stressful. We even played pool with some of them (and got soundly thrashed!).

Drinks were freely available, and of great strength (I was on the 150% proof rum) but I didn't see any evidence of drunken behaviour. We also enjoyed the company of many of the guests, as they also were friendly and not at all reserved or withdrawn, as you might find at other resorts. Perhaps the overall positive experience of Coconut Bay Resort had an effect on them, as well?

Even though it is within minutes of the airport, it is hardly a major flight path as there are only around 4 planes landing and later taking off..... it's a way to grasp what time it is as they are pretty reliable and you generally are so relaxed that you lose all track of time, otherwise ;-)

St. Lucia is wonderful, the people are wonderful, and Coconut Bay Resort made our stay a memorable one.

For all those who moaned in a petty manner about the planes, the children, the food.......... get a life!!!!!!

The quad bike trip was also great fun, and a unique way to see parts of the island and meet some local people.

One word of warning; we had the couples massage at the Spa. I then plastered on my Factor 50 sun-screen (being a pale-skinned red-head) and sun-bathed after a leisurely swim on the nearby adult pool. What I didn't realise was that the massage oil in my skin would mean I was frying like a side of bacon in the sun! Luckily, I was only in the sun for around 30 minutes, but still got burned. Make sure you wash the oils off before applying sun-screen..... ouch!

We are already making plans for our return, not only to the island but also to the resort. Enough said.......!!

Stayed April 2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

There is absolutely not one complaint I have about this resort. The food is excellent, comfortable rooms, beautiful beach and excellent staff.
Book this resort for your holiday and you will have a great time!

• Liked — Beautiful view
  • Disliked — Having to go home!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Niagara, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

I'll give you the view of my family of four (37, 33, 12 & 4 yrs old).
We just got back from Cancun and had a terrible time, so my wife, found a great deal to CBR through WestJet out of Toronto.

WOW, the resort was amazing, being so large, even at full capacity, it seemed like it was our own personal resort. You will never need to reserve a lounger, or a beach umbrella.
Sure the ocean is rough on the Atlantic side, but the beach is still nice (raked every day with tractor). For a nicer beach you can grab a taxi to the Caribbean side for the day.

Instead of booking day trips, we elected to hire a taxi due to the fact that our daughter gets cranky at times and if we needed to go back to the resort, we could at the drop of a hat.
I'm glad we did, we hired Wayne, who has a Taxi service.
He was fair on his price and gave us a very educated experience, He took us to the Volcano, the Botanical gardens and plenty of towns and great photo opportunities.
It total I think about 5 or 6 hours, he only charged us about $120.00 USD. total, so great we gave him $150.00. He stopped and climbed a tree to pick a coco pod and again to pick cashew pods!
The resort staff itself was nothing short of incredible, Big Ted in the lobby (looks like Shaq) is always ready with a kind word and a smile, bring him M&M's.
Crazy Charlie, wrote a poem and was drawing pictures for the kids.
Dona at the pool bar gave us her great shopping Tips.
Billie selling her goods by the pool was honest with the prices.
The photo staff was professional and were not bothersome.

Each and everyone of the staff would do anything for you, I asked Big Ted for a picture of beer and a bucket of ice, "No Problem he said.
Too much to say about this place, we did alot of research and we were very happy about everything.

Here is his number if you want to work out a deal for tours with Wayne, [--- --- ----].

• Liked — The St. Lucian people
  • Disliked — seriously, nothing.
sherwood park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

My husband, 20 month old son and in-laws recently stayed at the Coconut Bay Resort & Spa and loved it. The resort has now opened their Coco kidz club up to accept kids under 3, and they were phenomenal with our son. It was great because we were able to have a fun family vacation while still having relaxed adult time.

All of the hotel staff were very good at anticipating our son's needs and we never felt out of place with a busy toddler. The resort was exceptionally clean and the food was great. There were 4 pools to choose from in addition to a spray park for the kids and water slides. The spa was very refreshing and relaxing with the prices ranging from very a reasonable $35 for a facial to a steep $100.00 for a set of nails.

One of the reviews noted that there was a constant breeze at the resort due to it's location on the island. My family was very appreciative of the breeze at it helped to keep the heat and humidity bearable, especially for the smaller tots who don't tolerate the heat as well.

All in all we would return with out a doubt.

• Liked — staff courtesy and child friendly
  • Disliked — They only had showers, no bath tubs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

Really great value. Windy beach but nice.
Very, very close to the airport (less than 10min drive)
Slightly older property (formerly a ClubMed).
Staff superb. Nobody solicited us for tips or stuff,
and the booklet in our room asks that you do not tip
the staff. We prefer the atmosphere when the staff
are not jockeying for tips yet the service is excellent
because they hire nice people.
Rooms are spacious and clean! Water pressure in
shower a little weak.
Pool areas are clean and spacious. Beach is good
although perpetually windy.
On the very plus side of things, this resort is rated
as excellent for kids but travelling with all adults (11 in
our group) nobody felt as though the kids were hard
to getaway from. I would think this is due to the fact that
the property is spralling and there is a great adult pool
and bar tucked away.
There are no neighbouring resorts, so you are not
tagged with the requisite wrist bands nor are there any
beach towel check-in/outs. There are plenty of beach chairs
so reserving in the early am was not required even though
the week we were there, the resort was at 100% capacity.
The food was very good, and varied but I know there
are some people who wouldn't agree. You can drink
the water, unlike in D.R. or Cuba.
The restaurants are a waist of time, but we feel that way
at any resort.
Off site excursions were good. The land and sea "Joy's Island"
I would highly reccommend and we would repeat this if ever
we had the chance. The Zip-line is good but if you've
done it in Costa Rica, this is a kiddie ride in comparison.
The rain forest hike also came highly reccommended from
others in our group. All in all, for what we paid, we were
all pleased and would go back.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 17 in Gros Islet
5.0 of 5 stars 629 reviews
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!