“Coconut Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Coconut Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We recently returned from St Lucia's Coconut Bay Resort and Spa and we couldn't fault it in any way. Spotlessly clean, spacious, fabulous pools, beautiful ocean and the best staff we have come across on our travels which are many. Food good in the buffet and Italian, excellent in The Calabash and amazing in Silks, (Special mention for their staff, Janett, Mokisser, Ima, Owen and Jonah). From the moment you arrive from the 3 minute trip from the airport, (no plane noise in resort from the 3 planes a day in the late afternoon and early evening) it's smile, smile, smile. Greeted by drums, a rum punch and really helpful staff we knew we had made the right choice. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped with fridge, coffee and tea making facilites and a note pad and pen left for you to request anything else you may need that they haven't already thought of! The kids club was fantastic and our 10 year old had "the best time ever". The staff again were amazing and special thanks to Nasha from Evie and of course us. Staff make or break a hotel and Coconut Bay has got it exactly right. It was very noticable how well they worked as a team and how well they all got on together. I hope I haven't missed anyone but thanks to Melton, Cassian, Sherring, Oszy, Hidy, Mitch, Lisa, Fatta, Jade, Kayron, Mac-Lee, Bitg Ted, Mel, Kiannon, Mackeba and Small J. You are all the best and even after Sunday's terrible news you were professional and no-one would ever have known what you were all going through. We thank you for the best holiday we have every had as we raise our glasses to Wayne. Take care guys.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room in front of the main pool, (116) excellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Good Day Lynne and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Coconut Bay. We are so proud of our team here at the Resort, they really are amazing and work hard each and every day to ensure all of our guest's holidays are the best possible. We hope that we will see you again very soon and we truly appreciate your condolences on the loss of one of our treasured team. Stay Warm!

Cheers
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our family vacation to Coconut Bay Resort was AMAZING! My entire trip was awesome because of the amazing FLOOR staff. The front desk, food servers, bartenders, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the entertainment team who consisted of:

Carlyle - We met you on our first activity (Yoga). From that point on you did whatever you had to do to make sure myself and my girls were always smiling and having fun. You deserve a HIGH FIVE for how you interacted with all guest at the resort. Thank you for making my vacation so worthwhile. I look forward to seeing where your career heads. YOU ARE A TRUE ASSET TO COCONUT BAY RESORT!

Samantha – Thanks for teaching me some very interesting words in creole. I have used them in the USA a few times already. You made my days so much brighter with your upbeat outgoing personality.

Anson – You just about killed me during the aqua aerobics, but seeing your smile and the way you danced around during this activity made the activity so much more fun and put a smile on my face each time.

Marcelius- Oh Marcellus, not sure what to say about you. You are one of a kind my friend and the resort should be thankful they have you around. You are smooth, upbeat and really know how to work the crowd to insure we all had a great time. JOB WELL DONE YOUNG MAN!

Jamara- My girls thought you were amazing and so do I. What a smart, goal driven young woman you are. HEY GENERAL MANAGEMENT YOU HAVE A GEM HERE TREAT HER RIGHT!!!
Jason and Ritney I thought you were great too. My girls had more interaction with you both and it was pure enjoyment.

My only complaint would be that the some of the management team. The General Manager never said boo to any of my family. I would have thought he would at least ask how our trip was going. At one point I was getting coffee and he was standing side by side and never said a word. I do feel this was a bit odd.

One other issue I would address is the food quality. Buffet was ok, but not the best. If the resort could amp up the food service and quality this resort would for sure be a 5 star place. Yes, it’s a little older than most, but the quality of the staff and location makes this resort an excellent place to be. I read many reviews before traveling to Coconut Bay and I was nervous, but after my experience I WOULD SAY STAY AT THIS RESORT YOU WILL ENJOY IT. IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE.
Thanks again for making our trip/family vacation AMAZING!

Stayed February 2013, Traveled with Family

Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I just returned from Coconut Bay resort in St. Lucia and it was an absolutely amazing experience. The island of St. Lucia is breathtaking and the waters were so clear and blue. I loved the beach line along our resort which I was able to take advantage by running along it during my first morning at the resort. My mother also ventured into the ocean which is unheard for her as she is deathly afraid! :-)

The food at Calabash and Silks was delicious. I especially enjoyed the shrimp appetizer that I tried at Calabash. I also enjoyed the food at the grill very much. If you are going there, try the Blackened Cajun Chicken sandwich and the chicken wings for sure! Delightful! As for the buffet, it was decent. Nothing spectacular but then again, I never expect greatness from buffet food. The almond cookies were my favorite from the buffet as well as the servers! :-)

The staff at the resort definitely made my experience that much more enjoyable and rewarding. I would like to commend Jamara and Carlyle for the work that they do and I can say that I don't think I would have had the trip that I did without them. Also, Marcellus was funny as all heck and a joy to be around as well as Ritney with his crazy personality. I also would like to say that Sherlanda provided a great service at the buffet with her happy attitude and the smile that was always on her face. I definitely went to the buffet specifically to have her serve my table.

I would also like to thank Samanfer (Samantha, not sure on the spelling) and Anson for being a joy for my mother. My mother enjoyed both of their time and activities very much and this was my mother's first big trip. Overall, it was an unforgettable experience. I will be visiting the island again very soon! My only complaint would be that Jamara would not return to the US and marry me! :-p

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is our second visit to Coconut Bay, travelling with our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren... We chose this resort again for a few reasons. It is very family oriented, close to the airport (5 minute transfer), great beach for long walks, good food, and friendly staff who are wonderful with the kids.

The check in process is very quick and efficient. There was fresh rum punch waiting for the adults, and the kids had fruit punch. We quickly got our rooms, put away the luggage, got our bathing suits on and headed for the beach.
Two nights we ate outdoors; 1 western BBQ night with country music, and the other was a Caribbean night with a steel drum band. The food was great, lots to pick from. On the days that we did not go on excursions, we ate at the outdoor beach grill for lunch which serves great pizza, wraps, salads, fish sandwiches, wings, burgers, dogs and fries. The indoor buffet for breakfast and supper was good. There were fresh fruits, salads, plenty of choices of meats/fish, potatoes/rice, and lots of deserts. There is a buffet just for the kids at their own height, where they could get their own food.

The bartenders really deserve a special mention (don’t remember names), but there was more than one who actually served the grandchildren in turn, and didn’t pass them by to take an adults order first - I know because I was watching. The kids have their own drink menu, and I think that makes them feel special.

The only thing different this year was the $250 resort credit. It was given last year as well, but this year it was spelled out in a letter how it should be spent - $50 in gift shop, $75 in spa, $75 in adventure desk etc.
In my opinion, if you are given a $250 gift, you should be the one to decide how to spend it.

Overall we were very satisfied with the service, food and cleanliness of the resort. You never know, we just might make it back next year.

** P.S. Don't forget the about the donkeys - they love apples.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had the best vacation at Coconut Bay Resort. Thanks to your FLOOR staff. The front desk, servers, bartenders, and expecially the entertainment team are AMAZING.

Carlyle- What a great manager and you can tell he enjoys what he does. He seems to be a great team leader and is really focused on guest expierence.

Jason, Ritney, Samantha, Anton are also very fun!

Marcellus- Great Guy!

Jamara- This women is amazing!!!

My only complaint would be that the some of the management team seemed "Dull". I currenlty work in Food and Beverage at a hotel and it was rather disappointing to see a management team walk around the hotel but never really seem to interact with many guests. My family personally made eye contact and walked by managers and I would have to say we never once were asked how are stay was or has been. At one point my mom was standing next to the GM at the coffee station and didn't even get a good morning..... HAVE FUN WITH YOUR TEAM AND VACATIONERS A LITTLE.... I normally would have said something but I wanted to see if this was how it was going to be the entire stay.... this may be just an opinion but it would have been nice to even see the F&B Manager walk around in the dining area to "touch" tables to see how everything was" this may help with all the food complaints the resort seems to have.

The reason I scored your resort at a 5 is because of ALL YOUR FRONT LINE STAFF!!! KUDOS TO THEM!!!

devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We started our two week Carribean holiday in St Lucia at this resort. It did have good and bad points but the people are the best. It was always windy at the resort, but thats the Carribean. My complaints were the food was often just warm, the veg was raw. The GOOD points were the home cooked variety of fresh bread, and tender meat, the swimming pools including the aquafit with Vernon, "you made your girls push the boundries", my lovely room maid MaryAnn who cleaned our room with such enthusiasm, to the lovely smiling Jimmi who was one of the waiters who were always interested in how you spent your day.Day trip in a taxi if you set the price is awsome, most of the attractions are not brilliant but they are cheap and maintain the economy, I would return to the Island again, because of the people. Barbados didnt live up to this Island.

Room Tip: We were in ground floor Splash room which were fine and the patio doors opened onto the lawn facing...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay here at Coconut Bay. We thank you for the glowing comments on the wonderful staff members on our team they truly are the best in the business. Your comments on the temperature of some of the food items are appreciated. We strive daily to ensure we exceed all expectations and comments like yours allows for us to continue to improve in every area.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Cheers
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful trip to St. Lucia and stayed at the Coconut Bay and what an absolute credit the staff are to the owner and managment, they should be very proud!

The hotel itself is divided into two distinct areas and we were stying on the Harmony side. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean and maintained that way throughout our stay, my compliments to Housekeeping!

We sampled all the restaurants as well as the nightly menus in the main restaurant, and all the food was lovely. Great breakfast selection with lovely fresh fruit, plentiful choice for hot breakfast and great snack bar open all day long.

We did enjoy Junius at the adult pool bar, and his banter with the guests was great, and definitely encouraged lots of conversation and chatting between the guests, you may have arrived knowing only the people you travelled with but you definitely left knowing a load more, which is always fun! However I must also mention Akon and Fatta who also looked after the bar, as they were also great at keeping this bar my favourite to go! Shame it has such an early close.

I would mention all the activities the hotel offers by way of walks, exercise classes, games and fun activities, i would normally not be quite so energetic on holidays but there was so much to try it was really good.

The one huge plus was also the proximity to the airport with transfers of literally 5 minutes, what's not to love!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!