Stayed here from 14th Dec to 28th December with my wife and three kids (13,10 and 4). We stayed on 1st floor in rooms 228-229 (connecting).
Overall we had a great time - who wouldn't on a Caribbean Island - and below ill give you my pro's and con's:
5 mins from the airport - perfect after a long flight
Great welcome at the hotel
3 pools so none of them overcrowded
Menu was varied daily
Staff - friendly and always smiling
Close to the beach
Rooms are a good size
Kids Club - although mine didn't use it very often
Waterpark & Lazy River - kids and adults loved it
Competively priced (mainly because its on the Atlantic coast not the Caribbean)
Cocktails - try the Dirty Banana
Wifi was intermittent
Bathrooms definitely need money spending on them
Small leak in our bathroom for whole two weeks - reported but nothing done
Kids menu - not varied enough - thankfully the grill bar came to the rescue
Mosquito's - bring bands, repellents, garlic and plug in's - the hotel do their best to spray every dusk.
Theft - 99% sure we had an iPhone stolen from room - there were three on show and an iPad (stupid I know) but the only one taken was the one without a pass code lock.
Beach - quite small and lots of seaweed. However it is natural and still more than happy to use it. Hotel does it's best to clean it a few times per day with tractor.
Horse riding - dont use stables connected to hotel. The horses aren't under control enough and the instructor isn't experienced enough - never been on a horse before and 200 yards into the ride made the horses gallop!!!!
Would I return - possibly but with so many other nice places to visit it may be a long time. I do wish everybody at the hotel continued success as they are definitely going in the right direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 5 pools, 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort