Upon arrival at the Hewannorra airport when checking in at customs - there is a separate line-up for families with children - wonderful idea.
All airports should have this setup.
The resort was great, and the 3 grandkids loved it. It was a 5 minute drive from the airport, and we were on the beach within 15 minutes of arrival. We were greeted with cold towels and a glass of rum punch. The kids were given their own glass of fruit punch. They especially liked the swim up bar. There was even a menu for kids drinks on the .. sponge bobs, bob the builders, slushies etc.... The food was always fresh, the dining room clean, and all the staff were wonderful.
The resort had a beach b-b-q on Saturday night, and the tables of food were absolutely wonderful. The caribbean night was complete with fire dancers and a limbo show. On Tuesday night, there was a country and western night, complete with b-b-q ribs, and so much food to pick from. We walked on the beach everyday, and it was very well kept, the seaweed was removed 2-3 times daily. This was a very clean resort and well kept resort.
I would highly recommend the Coconut Bay resort for families as there is plenty to do, including a lazy river ride, and water slide. There is a play area for the kids, with swings, slides and a splash pad. There is a shop upstairs where you will find a variety of local items, souvenirs, and also sunblocks, chips, clothing and duty free items. The beach grill is open from 10am to midnight, for burgers, fries, nachos, wraps and salads...
Couldn't ask for more....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 5 pools, 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort