I stayed here for two weeks with a group volunteering at St. Jude's hospital. The hotel was clean and free from bugs. Internet access was hit or miss, but I found that to be true almost anywhere on the island. The outlets were three pronged (power converter labeled Great Britain, Ireland, Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore; not Caribbean). The air conditioning worked very well.
The staff was very friendly and egar to share their culture. A maintenace man helped us obtain local fruits and even took us by the pool and cut down some fresh coconuts so we could taste them.
The location of the hotel made experiencing St. Lucian culture easy. The restaurant at the bottom of the hill served great chicken burgers ($4 US) and french fries. If you turn right on the main road and walk there is a restaurant that does karaoke on Thursday nights (starting around 9pm). It's past a gas station and some tennis courts. If you turn left on the main road outside of Juliette's Lodge walk past Coconut Bay resort and keep walking to the beach (about 15 minutes). There you'll find the Reef restaurant where you can rent beach chairs, have a drink, or enjoy a meal. Try the fresh local juices. Don't forget to pick up a beach towel at the front desk before heading to the beach. Walk 15 minutes more past the beach away from Juliette's and you are in town. Cars drive very close to the road so stay on the grass as much as possible. The bank is on the left hand side (closes at 2pm) and super J's supermarket is on the right hand side. If you continue on the road past the bank there are lots of shops and people selling fruit by the road. There is an ice cream shop in the mall before you reach the supermarket that has a lot of wonderful fruit flavored ice creams.
Juliette's was a great experience. I would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Juliette's Lodge Hotel: An ideally located hideaway, situated near Vieux Fort and close to Hewannorra International Airport. Juliette's Lodge is a perfect choice for your visit to St Lucia. With magnificent views of the beach and a superb panoramic view of the Maria Islands. Accommodations comprise of twenty-one (21) spacious air conditioned Rooms and three (3) Apartments all with telephone, television, en-suite bathroom and private balcony. Our Apartments also have either one or two separate bedrooms. Dine at our open air restaurant aptly named, 'Panorama', while you sample delicious meals at affordable prices. Juliette's Lodge - a Truly St. Lucian vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Juliette's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juliette`s Hotel Vieux Fort
- Juliettes Hotel Vieux Fort
- Juliette's Lodge St. Lucia/Vieux Fort