We stayed here for six nights between Christmas and New Years and had an amazing trip! The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms are basic/rustic but perfect for a laid back, relaxing vacation. Breakfast every morning comes with a fresh fruit plate, eggs your way, choice of meats, juice, coffee or tea, and fresh baked baguettes, all served on the beach looking across the bay to the beautiful Maria Islands Nature Reserve. Their food selection is very good and all delicious (featured on food network) and very reasonably priced. Jolien, the owner, went out of here way to make sure were were able to enjoy our vacation. I would definitely recommend checking with the staff for anything you want to do on the Island as they can point you to the best people. I would return here for the next time that I came to St. Lucia!
About the Location: Vieux Fort is on the Southern end of St. Lucia and most of the "touristy" activities are on the Northern end. I would recommend renting a car for a couple of days if you want to explore some of the other sites (Ms. Leona, manager, got us a great deal from a local company). If you want a relaxed atmosphere with a beautiful beach to hang out on or windsurf/kiteboard this is your spot!
For the History Buff: Jolien has a Ph.D in Social History from her work on St. Lucia. She has lived on the island since '94 and recently published the first ever comprehensive record on St. Lucia "A History of St. Lucia."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a place to stay? The Reef Beach Huts offers cheap & cheerful accommodation to kiters and non-kiters alike, in rooms located within a courtyard under the sea grape trees, on the roadside of the beach cafe. The rooms are secure, measure 4x4 meters, each room has its own shower and toilet and you can get two single beds or one double (140cm wide). There is no air-conditioning, but all rooms have electric fans. There is a kettle to make hot drinks but no fridge. There is free wireless internet which usually reaches into the rooms also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels so you can book your The Reef Beach Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Beach Huts Hotel Vieux Fort
- The Reef Beach Huts St. Lucia/Vieux Fort