“Excellent food from local ingredients” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Pubnico
Virginia
“Excellent food from local ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came across this restaurant quite accidently. We intended to have lunch in Yarmouth, but it was getting late and we'd passed it on the way from the Village Historique to the Musee Acadien in West Pubnico and decided to take a chance. It's in a nice setting with gracious staff. It also has an obvious dedication to preparing excellent food, including lots of seafood, from local ingredients, and at very reasonable prices. An outstanding value and we'll return when in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Food and Great Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Attended a kitchen party. The food was great and the entertainment was wonderful. My wife appreciated the wide selection on their gluten free menu. The prices were very reasonable.

Dartmouth, Canada
“Lil Acadian gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Checked trip advisor... It recommend the Red Cap restaurant. Once again I was not steered wrong. Lovely little place, with local ingredients, and it shows you where everything came from, written on the board. It is like delicious home cooking with a fine dining flair. The price are great too. My hubby had haddock with lobster sauce, he was happy. I had the chicken cranberry sandwich it was around $5, I added a spinach salad for another $5. The goat cheese on the salad, perfect! Then on whim I ordered the coconut cream pie to go. The pastry was great, very homemade, the filling was not from a package and had an almond flavour to it. The whip cream and toasted coconut topped it off perfectly $4. The service was great too. When I go back to Pubnico honey? Glad I live in NS!

Centreville, Canada
“Excellent food, clean and good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been there twice. Once for the buffet and back again for the poached haddock. The haddock was preceded by a tasty, fresh salad with a dressing so good that I bought a pint of it when I left. Fresh vegetables in a delicately flavoured cream sauce accompanied the haddock . EXCELLENT! I tried the bread pudding and it was unlike any bread pudding I have ever eaten. Another EXCELLENT! Very reasonably priced and I would list it as the top restaurant on the South West Shore. I have dined in restaurants all over the world and compare this place to one of my favourites just outside Paris. Sadly, I hear the owner is trying to sell this place and I am hoping it doesn't happen until I have worked my way though the menu.

• Visited July 2013
Winnipeg
“Great Value and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Always changing menu great food and price plus a great atmosphere.
Everything is homemade, plus its next door to a motel a perfect spot to stat as well.

• Visited October 2012