Stayed two nights with my wife and 7 year old son in July 2014. We were very comfortable indeed in a very large room, with a huge hand made bed for us plus a comfortable single for our son - and still plenty space to move around. The views over green fields to hills and forests beyond were just beautiful. Our private bathroom was across the corridor but it too was very spacious and the relatively minor inconvenience of crossing the corridor did not cause us any concern. The owners take great care to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant on out first night and found the food to be very acceptable in terms of quality and cost. Breakfasts are excellent. The building itself is an old hunting lodge and its character and charm well reflect its past. The lounge with its lovely sofas and armchairs - and fabulous old fireplace - is a haven for relaxing with a book, or newspaper, or indeed laptop. That said, my only criticism was the erratic wifi signal. Carrbridge is a deal more relaxing that Aviemore but it is just a few minutes drive away. Families with children up to around 16 will love the Landmark Adventure Park which is walking distance from the hotel and a great day out - if it's not raining of course! We would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 3 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Our Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. Having taken over just two years ago, a substantial renovation project is ongoing which has seen our Drawing Room and Bar/Bistro refurbished and completion of two new bedrooms with new en-suite bathrooms. In March 2015 a biomass boiler system was installed and another two new bathrooms have been completed. Investment in the Hotel is continuing with work starting on updating more bathrooms later in the year and a self-catering cottage will be available for rental in the Summer. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland