“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Airport

You added Premier Inn Newcastle Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle Airport
Newcastle International Airport - Ponteland Road, Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE20 9DB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £61
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woolsington
Tees Valley
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here as we had an early fight next morning, we received a warm welcome from Reception staff. Nice clean comfortable room as we have come to expect from Premier Inn. Would definitely use again if flying from Newcastle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

GMPremierInn11, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here in August before early morning flight. Easy to find, next to airport entrance. Lovely staff and so welcoming. Really handy having a bar and restaurant. A typical Prenier Inn but couldn't hear any airport noise or fellow guests. Great for £39 per room, will defo use again when flying from here. Near also to massive Tescos for last minute bits and Toby carvery 5 mins away. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. Your comments are very much appreciated and my team will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great for airport a few minutes walk to terminal. Nice rooms and dining area but my oh my heating system you can't turn down. A great nights sleep guaranteed ... Not here Premier Inn we never slept at all. Used fan in room but it made things worse and was noisy.

Room Tip: Don't take your pyjamas you'll be sweating cobs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
cleethorpes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel just off the a1 at newcastle airport which is basically 100 feet away. Plenty of parking we would stay again. The only gripe was the price of the food more like london prices. Instead we went to the toby carvery down the road which was much better value. This hotel provides park and fly something i would consider in the future

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
cleveland england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as flying early morning. We stayed in family room x1 double & x2 single beds all in same room but there was still plenty of room available to use. Bar was nice & staff were chatty so enjoyed the drinks. When going to sleep was surprised how quite hotel was as busy. Would do this hotel again when using airport as very easy to find & booked very easy.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here June 2013 for one night as I was flying out from Newcastle Airport the next morning. Room was average, a bit tatty and worn out but functional. Dinner in the restaurant was expensive and the food was bland, not recommended. My girlfriend took a bath before bed however since the room was in poor condition, the plug got stuck in the bath meaning we couldn't drain the water. Knowing that I'd need a shower the next morning my girlfriend went downstairs to reception to see if anyone from maintenance could fix the issue. She was given a screwdriver and expected to fix the problem herself. After some huffing and puffing and a patronizing explanation from the girl on reception on how leaving the water to cool might make it easier to remove the plug (Personally I think attaching a chain to the plug makes it easier) we were offered a new room. This room, like the last, was in poor condition but at least we could finally sleep. On check out at 5am, no mention was made of any problems we encountered and I was too tired to complain just before going on holiday.

On returning from my holiday, I complained to the Premier Inn and they quickly agreed to refund my money, telling me it would be in my account in a few days. A few days later there was no sign of any money so I contacted them again at which point they said they would need my bank details again to issue a refund, I explained that I was uncomfortable giving bank details over the phone and suggested that they send me a cheque to cover the cost. As of yet I've had no cheque nor a reply to this or any further query that I've sent. I've even sent a letter to customer relations and that too has been ignored.

I do find it quite amusing that the Premier Inn advert talks about how you can relax in a nice warm bath and if there's any problems you'll get your money back. The whole company seems pretty incompetent to me, I would advise anyone planning to stay at Newcastle Airport to consider the Hilton across the road instead.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The hotel appears to be a fairly new build and is literally next door to the airport. The rooms were typical premier inn rooms and fitted us in snugly.

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on the food but we did have a drink in the bar on the evening which was nice and cosy.

Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Airport? Share your experiences!