“Ideal for Pre-flight Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 8BZ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woolsington
NC
“Ideal for Pre-flight Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night ahead of a very early morning flight with two small children. It is so well located for this purpose, I wouldn't hesitate to do this again. The hotel and our room itself was clean, well-decorated, and the service was impeccable. We didn't use the restaurant or any of the facilities, but the staff we did encounter was very helpful. The rooms were well insulated against road and airplane noise, we didn't hear a single thing. The bed was plush and comfortable, and the cot provided was in perfect condition with appropriate linens - something we have found is not always the case.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Malaga,, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A wonderful balance between professional and friendly staff. Made to feel welcome and relaxed. Luxurious room, comfortable and good quality linen with lots of extra pillows. The bathroom was immaculately clean and lovely products were provided. Nice touch having overhead and handheld shower.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

darlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just returned from a romantic getaway (without the kids) for 1 night. This is a lovely hotel with beautiful fixtures and fittings in all areas of the hotel. Real luxury. Stayed for breakfast which was really nice although they had ran out of muffins, pastries etc. which was a bit disappointing although they did provide a hot chocolate as I do not drink tea or coffee. The idea of bringing your fried eggs out separately to our table should be abolished as they were cold as we did not eat them straight away due to finishing our cereal. All in all though if you want a bit of luxury this is a nice place to stay. I would even stay if we were taking a flight from Newcastle airport although I would wait and book when there was an offer as we would need 2 rooms and this would be pricey if paying full rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for all your comments, it is only through feedback that we can grow and develop our business. I am sorry to see that your breakfast experience was not expected, Please let me take this opportunity to apologise for the buffet running out of pastries. This is not the norm but we are addressing in house. We do all our eggs to order to ensure that all our guests receive freshly cooked eggs to their table, we encourage all our guests to order as and when they need for their own convenience.

we hope to see you in the hotel in the near future.
Newcastle, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on two occaisions, the first was actually my wedding night as we were catching an early flight the next day and the second more recently after a friend]s wedding at a nearby country house venue.

I really like this hotel, it offers incredible value for money. It's really clean, the staff are lovely and you get a warm cookie on arrival! Despite it's location it's really quiet and has really good blackout curtains for those who may have e.g. jet lag.

The hotel bar and restaurant are also excellent and I've visited both separately on a number of occasions and will do again in the future. The restaurant is not a typical hotel restaurant but an upmarket Italian, with another branch in the city centre. I believe the bar does food too although I've never eaten there. I can recommend the cocktails however!

I have actually heard of people from the Newcastle area going away for the night to the hotel, given the quality of the restaurant and bar and the fact that the cost of a room might not be far off the price of a taxi home.

I noticed another recent reviewer has mentioned the hotel pool - I think this review is a mistake, there's definitely no pool, or spa.

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honours member consider using your points instead of paying - I was amazed ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at the end of August after landing at the airport at 1.30am. Although it is only across the road from the terminal it isn't well sign posted and it is quite difficult to see where reception is, especially during the night. The hotel itself is beautiful, the room was well maintained and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom could be bigger, I am not big by any means and I found it quite difficult to dry myself after using the shower. The reasons why I gave it only three stars were because of two reasons. Firstly, we got the hotel around 2am and all we wanted to go was go to bed. The male receptionist couldn't have booked us in any slower if he tried. He didn't tell us anything about the hotel except that our room was on the second floor. The following morning I decided to use their free Wi-Fi, only to find that I had to log in with a code apparently found on the card we got with our door keycard, but unfortunately there wasn't one. I asked at reception at breakfast time, and was abruptly told the password was "free Wi-Fi"!!!!! Breakfast wasn't brilliant either. We were shown to a table and asked if we wanted tea or coffee and orange juice, which was then brought to us. Apart from that, there was only cereal, toast or fruit, and if we wanted eggs then we had to ask a member of staff. I would only recommend this hotel if you don't require breakfast. But next time I am afraid I will be sticking to the Premier Inn where you can get a lot more choice and is all self service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Exceptionally helpful staff, excellent facilities and ideal location for flying in and out of Newcastle. Food excellent; rooms to a very high standard; business centre very useful. Prices very reasonable - so I hope all of these glorious reviews don't result in higher prices!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Recently stayed here overnight as we were flying out early next morning very quick check in room loverly modern large good staff very helpfull drinks a little expensive could not comment on the food as we left hotel at 0430 but i'm sure it would of been good booked with booking . com good price will definitly stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!