Stayed one night as only hotel rooms available during week of a local show. The car park set the tone for the rest of the stay...dark, weeds everywhere, a pile of rubbish,unwelcoming. The food from the carvery was awful and semed to have been there all day. The room was basic (e.g. no where to hang clothes)and noisy from the road outside.
Breakfast was full english or scrambled egg..."we don't do poached eggs" we were told.
A funny set up with the breakfast coffee with a flask and instant coffee granules from sachets? Why?
All in all not great and not worth £50.00. ........£25.00 maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highwayman Inn is situated in a stunning location in Shepton Mallet with superb views of the scenic Mendip Hills and 14 tastefully decorated en-suite rooms. All guestrooms are fully equipped with the most modern facilities such as multichannel TV, internet access and tea and coffee making facilities to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay. The Inn's restaurant is where guests can enjoy a healthy and traditional dish along with a drink in its acclaimed real ale bar. The Inn is the ideal location to explore and enjoy the wonderful surroundings of Somerset countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Highwayman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highwayman Hotel Shepton Mallet
- Highwayman Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset