“Somewhere to go to enjoy some simple, good, honest food.” 5 of 5 stars

2-4 Town Street, Shepton Mallet BA4 5BG, England
01749 346640
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Somewhere to go to enjoy some simple, good, honest food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The menu has a good choice of food & all made with local produce. All very tasty. Not a place to go for an evening meal, but perfect for a lunchtime.
The food in the Deli attached to the restaurant is highly recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Great delli, cafe okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great delli counter with very friendly staff, cafe okay.

Visited May 2012
Bruton, United Kingdom
“Incredibly helpful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

As a vegan, it can prove difficult to find options when eating out, unless I want soup, salad or chips. Peppers has a separate gluten free and dairy free menu, and I asked if they served vegan food, so they checked for me, and they do! They gave me the dairy free menu and a hand written list of everything that wasn't vegan, so I knew what to look out for. How kind!

I ordered the Mexican Vegetable Fajitas with tomato salsa and guacamole. It came quickly, was piping hot and to my delight was perfectly spicy. The guacamole was creamy and delicious; I enjoyed everything on my plate! I don't have a single criticism. The people were lovely and so was the food, something often rare to find in Shepton.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath
“Worth seeking out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Being in Shepton Mallet over lunchtime and not knowing it, we decided to have lunch at the Haskins Café. However we walked down the High Street and discovered Peppers, an independent deli and café. I thought, being independent, maybe they put more of their hearts into it. The café was empty when we went in, never a good sign, but within 20 minutes it was almost full (on a Monday lunchtime). My tagiatelli with tomato sauce and a green salad was excellent, nicely served in a bistro kind of way and the green salad was clearly freshly prepared. My wife doesn’t usually order quiche but this one, a double Gloucester and red onion was declared one of the best she had had. Well worth visiting.

Visited January 2012