“Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Breakfast at Woodies is a nice enough experience. However, the menu is a bit limited and the prices higher than average, but there is a nice atmosphere. The venue is popular with families and therefore there are often small children there. However they do not open until 9:30 on a Saturday so it's more of a brunch venue than for breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

56% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I only live down the road and have been meaning to come here for years. Finally decided to give it a whirl and I must say it was worth the wait. After arriving to find the place rammed and a 15/20 minute wait I immediately expected the worst (im impatient and usually refuse to queue for anything). After our waiter seated us we soon ordered and the food arrived within a good amount of time considering it was so busy. The burgers are brilliant. I know its hard to mess up a burger but they really are great. The variety is excellent and you really do get an 'American diner-esque feeling when you are eating. I even made room for banana and maple syrup pancakes which were exceptional. My partner had a chocolate milkshake which i believe got thumbs up. Above all, the service was impeccable. The waiters were all attentive and quick to serve regardless of how rushed off their feet they were. The place isnt luxurious fine dining by any means but for what it is, I would highly recommend a visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for midweek dinner. Served drinks within 5 mins. Good food arrived hot and fresh, waitress was attentive. Very happy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Place was recommended particularly for the milkshakes. Went on a Thursday evening so it wasn't that busy. Milkshakes were good and we all enjoyed the food, which was a mixture of ribs and burgers. Couldn't manage desert as the food was really filling. Fully intend to go again! Although as the tables are a bit cramped I wouldn't go on the really busy time. Regards other peoples comments on the staff, we had no problems and they were good and attentive. Tow courses and drinks came to £90 for four so not too bad.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went here with my partner after raving on about it to her as I have been a few times before.

Rang up to book and was told that they couldnt book us a table but we could try to pop in and get one later on.

We did that and were shown to our seats with a menu. 15 minutes later after telling one of the staff we were ready to order they took our food and drink order. After a further 10 or so minutes I went to the bar to enquire where our drinks were.

Both toilets had no paper in and when my partner apprised staff of this she was given one toilet roll to take in with her. There's only 2 toilets for staff to keep on top of.

The restaurant wasnt that busy; 7 empty tables when we arrived and about 4 empty tables when we left so christ knows why I couldnt book.

They added a 10% service charge on which we asked to get removed due to the slow service.

Really gutted as I do love the food and have done for the last 10 years but I'd rather eat elsewhere with better service. Service has gone downhill.