“USA experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sussex
“USA experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our Son and his partner took us for breakfast and from the moment we walked in the atmosphere was welcoming and bright.The service could not be faulted despite it being a busy Saturday morning.The waitress was attentive and did not rush us to order. Our food arrived promptly, attractively and plentiful, the coffee was delicious just as i remembered it to be in the 60s coffee bars.The decor and extra little touches such as the fruit salad and black jack chews at the end of the meal all added to a really enjoyable experience and we will definately return. Thanks kids.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Poole, United Kingdom
“Cadillac Burger & Rootbeer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times and the food is always well presented, arrives hot, fresh and portion sizes plentiful. Visited recently, service was initially quick although I suspect as the restaurant became busier, the two waiters left to deal with a virtually full dining room became more flustered. This did not detract from the overall experience. The garlic bread was the size of a doorstop, thick crusty white loaf oozing with garlicky moist butter, extremely good value for money for the portion size. I had the Cadillac chicken burger, a large chicken breast with a scrummy sate sauce, and a fantastic chilled bottle of Rootbeer imported from Canada. We were too full for dessert, but on the whole still thoroughly recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Amazing to get vegetarian options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is rare to get such a good vegetarian range in this style of food. The food was very good and plentiful. It was suprisingly cheap for two people to have a three course meal out. I would recommend leaving room for dessert! Quorn chilli fries are very good and all with a slight sea view.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Loyalty counts for nothing with this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Extremely disappointed by Woodie's Diner on Bank Holiday Monday. My wife and I regularly visit Woodie's for breakfast; it involves a fairly long drive for us, but we do it because we enjoy the food. However, we were slightly delayed yesterday and arrived at 11.50am, but having seen on their website that they serve breakfast until 12pm, we didn't panic.
They refused to serve us breakfast saying that last orders were 11.45am!! The manager point blank refused when we asked. I suggested they maybe add last order time to their website as it does not state that online, and in previous experiences, they get the food out quickly anyway, so I know they could have taken our order. Obviously they are doing so well financially that they can afford to turn loyal customers away.
Well, we went to Smokeys in town, and had a lovely breakfast.
I'm afraid that after years of loyalty to Woodie's, they've burnt their bridges with us. Don't expect loyalty from them in return for your custom!!!

brighton
“Princess chef...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

So I live round the corner and have been here a few times and is normally ok- food not amazing but it does the job. Have had a few really annoying experiances though- tonight we arrived ten minutes before the kitchen shut and were denied food as "chef says its too late", I once went with my girlfriend and wanted to take a burger burger home to my ill mother- the waiter had to sneak it out the kitchen and the sneak out a box to put it in ten minutes later as "chef refuses to do take away", another time I asked for a small change to my meal and chef simply said no. I wonder if he is prancing around the kitchen in a little tiara throwing tantrums any time anyone asks him something he doesn't want to do. The manager always seems really embarrased but surely he is in charge..!..?!!??!!?

• 3 of 5 stars Food