“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
sussex
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

£14.80 gets you as much as you want,the food is all cooked to order and is great.The service is fast and very friendly, i will definately be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brighton, United Kingdom
“simon"s favourite .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

without doubt the best chinese food and service around. been many times and never had anything other than a great meal, freshly cooked before your very eyes with really freindly service. if you"ve never been then try it as u wont be disappointed i am sure. have been with friends before and they dont go anywhere else now. cant wait for our next visit.

hove, england
“Better than average food. Great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Danny's influenced by the glowing reviews here on TA, and while we weren't disappointed we weren't blown away either. Along with the a la carte menu, there is an all-you-can-eat deal for £14.80 each. I would say most customers there were taking advantage of this offer. There is a huge selection on offer and the beauty of this deal is that everything is cooked to order. Because there were only two of us and we wanted to sample a few dishes, I just asked for very small portions. I don't know what anyone else did but we just ordered dishes as we went along instead of order starters, main courses etc. Like the title of my review says, the food was better than average - just what we needed on a cold and wet evening. And the service was absolutely brilliant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
England
“Faultless and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been going on and off to Danny's since it opened a few years ago. Recently they expanded into the building next door so it is much more roomy now. I went with the all you can eat buffet for £14.80 which has a wide choice. I had pork dumplings, chicken wings, chicken satay and a few other delicious starters. Then we had a little break enjoying the NZ Moku Pinot Noir which was lovely. We then had the main and i had a couple of dishes both delicious one was pork based and the other veggies. Finished the meal off with a Port. Service was excellent. Liked the fact that you can see the kitchen in some parts of the restaurant clearly and the aroma of all the dishes was wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Freshly cooked flavoursome food... YES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Wine:
A lovely litte red - should've remembered the name really. A South African Shiraz maybe? We had three bottles...

'All you Can eat' for £14.80'

Starter:
All the starters we chose - and we chose a lot of them - were sublime. A festival of eating with lots of Mmms and Ahhs. My stomach was singing. Standouts: Salt & Chilli Squid, Salt & Chilli Prawns, Grilled Pork Dumplings and the Seafood Roll. Yum times ten!

The main:
I went for Beef in Black Bean Sauce and Singapore Noodles. You take a risk anywhere, ordering beef - not because it may contain horse! - but because it is one of those meats chefs seem to cook badly. Not at Danny's. This was light, juicy and melt-in-your-mouth tasty. Mmm, get in!

Sweet:
Lactose Intolerant - that's me. Shame :-( But it's a fact. So ordered an Irish coffee (no cream, boo-hoo) and - oh yeah baby - I could taste the Irish all the way down to me northern toes. That's how to do it!! Treat your customers and they go away happy. It's that simple. take note other restaurants in Brighton.

Service:
The staff were very attentive and helpful, particularly the cute girl with the glasses behind the counter ;-)

Overall:
What to say? ...A REALLY GREAT MEAL! Yeah - if you're after a sit down Chinese, you can't go wrong here. My mate has been singing its praises for a while now. And... he was right. A top-notch-nosh. Rare 5s from me for Service, Food & Value.

• Visited March 2013