“Fantastic persian menu” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Fantastic persian menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I have tried many restaurants in Brighton and the View is one of the best around . Fantastic food and service + good location wins my vote .

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Birthday Lunch For 20!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked a table for twenty last Sunday to celebrate my birthday. A busy day and a peak time for such a large number of covers, but Matt the G.M took the booking in his stride and delivered without a hitch. The food was served promptly, piping hot, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The waiting staff were efficient, attentive, courteous and always smiling and approachable. Having invited some, lets say, discerning guests, I knew the View had delivered when they were so complimentary about their entire dining experience and are going to return. We chose from the Christmas menu, which priced at £16.95 is extremely good value. Thankyou to Matt and the team, not forgetting the kitchen brigade for producing excellent meals.

• Visited December 2012
“Really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have noticed very mixed reviews below but my wife and I went to The View today for lunch using a Groupon voucher and could find nothing to complain about at all.
We have been before but we have never tried The View at peak times such as Saturday night or Sunday lunchtime so this may have a bearing. Today, service was friendly and efficient (a lovely young lady from Slovakia) and we had whitebait and leek & potato soup for starters - both excellent. For mains the risotto marinara was very good and I had the steak and chips - really nice!
The Pinot Grigio was served nicely chilled and with a good ice bucket straightaway.
The bill was £46 before the Groupon discount of £22.
Plenty of on-street parking nearby (perhaps not in the high season) and there is a small carpark right in front of the building - only about 10 spaces so probably full at peak times but today only 3 cars were there.
In short, I liked it and would certainly go again - my wife was not so keen on the decor but apart from that we rate The View quite highly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't be Put Off!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was surprised to see the poor reviews about the view. I have been three or four times for Sunday lunch and found the place just fine. The food was tasty and the portions quite large. The staff were friendly and the service just fine. We noticed that the serving staff seemed to be 'silver service' trained. I haven't really anything to say that is negative. The first time I went it was just with my wife, the second time a smallish family group and the third time about eight of us with children and toddlers. On all the occasions we had good food, good service and a good time!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Great food, great location and lovely staff. We had a groupin deal this month and I'm glad we did, we'll be back for certain!