We booked a 3 day stay in one of their beautiful suites as a last minute break. It was a fabulous choice. The accommodation was on 2 floors with sitting room with TV and bathroom on the ground floor and a bedroom with double ended bath and TV on the upper floor. The bed was 6 foot and was extremely comfortable. The room was beautiful and we find it hard to criticise it at all. A small issue was that lovely fluffy towels were provided but depending on whether you showered or bathed you needed to make sure they were in the right room. Breakfast was served in the lovely conservatory and the quality was really good and the choice excellent. We had hoped to eat in the restaurant on one of our evenings and had seen on the website that 2/3 course set menus were available. On our first evening we asked about this as the menu was just an al a carte and a little pricey. We were told that this was only for Thursday evenings so booked for the following night which was indeed Thursday. When we were shown to our table the set menu was not presented and the staff knew nothing about it. As we felt let down we decided to order from the bar menu and chose the home cooked burger with caramelised onions served on seeded buns with a portion of hand cut chips. When our meals appeared the small burger was served on French stick with no onions and what looked and tasted like frozen chips. We asked for the restaurant manager who did apologise and agreed that the meal was not satisfactory. It had spoilt what should have been a very enjoyable evening. The saving grace was that we were only charged half of the £10.95 for our meals. All this said we would indeed love to return as the hotel is a special find and well situated near the coast. Whether we book a table for dinner we will see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold