We had 'Tree Creeper' which was a large room on the first floor. Very clean and spacious and looked recently and well decorated. Very comfortable bed, as was the large settee. Bathroom/wet room very good and although the bath in the bedroom seemed a little odd to start with it was good fun!
Staff very helpful from the the time of booking in advising on the rooms available, welcoming us on arrival with tea and biscuits and being generally helpful and always available, but unobtrusive. Particular thanks to the restaurant staff in helping with the menus and seating for my wife, who was not very mobile at the time.
Lots to see and do in the area. Road busier than we expected and quite a lot traffic from just after 6 a.m. including weekends. Not a problem to us, but some of the rooms nearer the road might have been quite noisy at times.
Definitely worthwhile going for the better or best rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold