“Loved the theme, great find at relatively low price!” 5 of 5 stars

Badhotel Rockanje & Brasserie Lodgers
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tweede Slag 1, 3235 CR Rockanje, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Rockanje
Cologne, Germany
“Loved the theme, great find at relatively low price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Badhotel Rockanje for a spontaneous Easter Getaway.

From the outside the hotel is still the 60s style hotel from the past, but when you get to the inside, it is a real find! They did a great job of incorporating the “Canadian Lodge” theme into all the little details (natural stones, rough wooden surfaces, mounted animals, lots of cozy leather seats with overstuffed pillows). The rooms are also decorated with mounted teddybears and a little electrical oven that looks like a fireplace, we also had a newly renovated bathroom. The lovely decorations make you feel cozy and at home.

The restaurant has a large open fireplace and offers a very nice menu (mainly American with ribs, wings and burger, but also homemade smoked salmon and other fresh fish options). The food was absolutely yummy; prices were a little high, but ok for the quality. It is quite full in the evenings, so better make a reservation in the morning.

When staying in the hotel take a walk to the beautiful beach; you will find three beach bars like pearls on a string where you can have a quick drink or lunch. Follow the path through the dunes back to the street at the last one (Havana Bar) and you will find a minigolf place with a cute little café next door. I also recommend a visit to Brielle for the old houses and the great stall selling matjes and kibbeling at the Kaaibrug.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

this is a small little hotel in Rockanje, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands, just a few staps from the sea and
A wonderful hiking area in the dunes. The rooms are nice and quiet, the food and breakfast are very good, nice staff.
Brielle and Hellevoetssluis are nice places to visit. even in wintertime a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are oke ! Looking into the garden and swimmingpool outside
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tervuren, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The rooms are pretty comfortable, nice bed (our room had bath tub in the room). Not a 5* but you definitely get more than what you pay for.
Good restaurant with appealing menu and quality cooking, homestyle (no nouvelle cuisine). Breakfast is simple but quite good! Very friendly service.
Definitely will spend more weekends here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We booked through Travelbird. We especially chose this place because we wanted a weekend with our dog.
Okay, the hotel isn't a high quality resort, but we weren't expecting that, we just wanted a nice place where our dog is welcome.
We had a lodge (108) which had a comfortable size, a little kitchenette, a very little bathroom. The theme is absolute fun, having a stuffed animal hanging above your head is fun.
The rooms are noisy, you can hear everything, but the qualtiy of the beds is good. It's a shame that they don't have 1 large bed for 2 persons.

They have games to play, so after dinner we played Rummikub.
The food is allright. I think we Belgians have high standards, so it didn't meet my comfort zone of yummie food. It is not special and some things are a bit highly priced.

The staff is suberb, everybody is very kind, helpfull and always smiling. That's very welcoming.

The sauna is very cheap and that's good, but it doesn't is very special. It's just a sauna you also can have at home, nothing more. No more accomadations around it. But it's nice that they have it.

For us the location was great because we wanted to walk at the beach. We did a special route (accidently) but is was very nice. (Voorneroute)

Room Tip: Room 108 is not too bad. It's at a corner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here at the start of our trip, and were amused by the lodge theme, especially the stuffed bear heads on the walls. Our evening meal was great; we ate by the pool. We had breakfast the following day; the food choices were good and the service was friendly.

At the end of our trip we missed the night ferry from Hook of Holland, and suddenly had to find somewhere to stay. We rang the hotel at 11 pm and they could not have been more helpful and welcoming. They were very reassuring, stayed up till we got there at well after midnight, and gave us a suite for the price of a twin room. I cannot thank them enough; finding somewhere safe and warm to stay, especially after a long scary drive in apocalyptic weather, was such a relief! The suite was palatial: three bedrooms, an open fireplace and a huge living room.

I'd definitely recommend this place- the staff really go the extra mile for you!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool all have balconies and you can sit out and watch the sun set. The suite...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Schiedam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Unfortunately in the zone of Rockanje they are not a lot of hotels to choose, this one being the closest to beach and with transportation is a good option. However is good to keep in mind that the quality of the hotel is not the best one.
Despite Rockanje being a popular zone among the upper class, this hotel gives a lot to wish for.
I will recommend to sleep hotel in case you don´t have any other option.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

BADhotel is a good name, because its really bad. First of all, I would say that it is a Motel located next to the beach road and you can park your car next to your room and have separate entrance from the street. Is it a hotel - of course not, it is Motel.
They have some kind of swimming pool but very shallow, only for small kids. Useless for adults.
Audibility is great! During all the day and night - round the clock - you can hear everything from the road, corridor, neighboring rooms, like people talk, sneeze,snore, take shower. In the night you can hear all the street racers very nicely.
There was no refrigerator in my room (normal single room), so I asked receptionist to store my Norwegian Goat cheese (2 kg) for 5 days, and on the fifth day when I was checking out in rush to catch my flight they told that cooks had thrown my cheese in garbage earlier. I was trying to carry it to my allergic daughter, but this people did not care at all.
My room was too small and narrow, about 8 square meters by area only.
My company booked it for me and they confirmed my booking, but after I have arrived they told me that I had to pay myself because they normally don't send invoices outside European Union to Australian company. Why then they confirmed booking with the purchase order from my company? Of course to have one more client to charge.
Woman on the reception during day time was nasty and angry when talking with me about this problem.
Breakfast includes only eggs, cheap ham and cheese. On the 5th day I was completely sick of it.
The prices for dinner start from 20 euro for 1 man and reach heaven.
Price for my room was 100 euro and If not my company - I would never had chosen this motel myself - for this price I could get much better offer in Rotterdam.
Don't look on the photos - there is really nothing common with North America.
Advice to the customer: find something better, much better for this money!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Badhotel Rockanje & Brasserie Lodgers? Share your experiences!