“A great find,small,comfortable & friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Mare Sanat
Rijkert Aertszweg 8, 1949 BD Wijk aan Zee, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Wijk aan Zee
Western Ireland, Ireland
“A great find,small,comfortable & friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I chose this hotel mainly because of it's location, close to the centre of the village & because it was located at the bottom of the fairly steep hill which leads up to a couple of bigger hotels. I arrived much earlier in the day than the advised check in time but still received a really warm welcome from the owners & was shown instantly to my room,which was ready, with no checkin formalities at all. My room was on the top level, up the stairs as i didn't see any lift. The room was fantastic, really bright & airy owing to it's roof windows. It was clean & extremely comfortable with a great bed, wall mounted tv, table & chairs, wardrobe, full length mirror & bedside lockers.The room temperature was controlled from within the room by means of a thermostatic radiator valve. The bathroom wasn't huge but was more than adequate with shower enclosure, basin, plenty of towels, shower gel & shampoo.
Breakfast was good, continental style in a comfortable, bright dining room. I arrived down to breakfast almost an hour after breakfast should have finished but found my place still set & waiting for me, typical of the friendly atmosphere that the owners have created. There is a small bar in the reception area with nice comfortable seating, perfect for a relaxed beer. On checking out I left my bag in the room at reception(without any charge) as i had several hours to kill & that saved me from hauling it about with me.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.Location wise, it was no more than 5 minutes walk to the village's long sandy beach. My room was excellent & the owners were great, really friendly.The entire atmosphere & feeling of the place was so welcoming. I expect to be writing a repeat review for this hotel next march.
In the village itself, Cafe de Zon is great & the Whisky Bar(yep,the Scottish spelling) is good for a last, late night drink on the way back to the hotel. I had a great meal in the Sonnevanck Hotel restaurant & the village snack bar is okay for fast food if that's what you're after.
I had plenty of time on my hands for the journey back to Amsterdam so i got off the train in Haarlem for a couple of hours. A really nice city with a very pretty old square & some fabulous buildings. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Hotel Mare Sanat? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Mare Sanat

Address: Rijkert Aertszweg 8, 1949 BD Wijk aan Zee, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Wijk aan Zee
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Room Service
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Wijk aan Zee
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsNL, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Mare Sanat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Mare Sanat, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.