“Great place to disconnect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tatenhove Texel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tatenhove Texel to your Saves list
Hotel Tatenhove Texel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Bosrandweg 202, 1796 NK De Koog, Texel, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #3 of 22 De Koog B&B and Inns
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Great place to disconnect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Perfect place for a long weekend getaway.
Located in De Koog. Good place to move around the island. You can rent a bike directly at the hotel and spend the day out cycling. Surrounded by green fields and a little pond full of ducks and geese.
The hotel itself is cozy and quiet. Staff is friendly. I was in this hotel in 2008 and I already liked it but in my last stay I saw that it had been refurbished.
In my second stay I booked the romantic package which included dinners and it was a great choice.
I really recommend this hotel (not sure why is ranked as B&B in tripadvisor). Great choice for disconnecting from the rest of the world a few days.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Very enjoyable trip to the island and hotel. Clean and presentable room - great bathroom! And a little balcony. Very relaxing place and really good nights sleep. Very quiet. Just felt the service let the place down - pretty convinced that in a room full or German and Dutch guests the service to us was awkward. Felt a little bit like they were avoiding us at dinner....serving us later than guests that had come to dinner after us. We also got charged top whack for dinner even though we were staying at the hotel and i knew our booking could of been changed to allow us to dine for less. Overall though, i would recommend this hotel. Nice and bright, airy and very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

I have never been to Texel before, and I have to say its well worth a try. We stayed at the Tatenhove over a long weekend. The rooms were very clean, I would certainly vote for going half board again as the food was top quality, and of a good variety (set menu). We went with the Romantic package and added an extra day, this was amazingly good value for money. The staff were very friendly and the hotel has a homely feel, totally relaxed. You are able to hire out bikes from the hotel, which we did for one day and wore ourselves out riding along the coastal paths to the lighthouse stopping for lunch in one of the villages, and then on to the ice cream factory (my favourite). There is a riding school nearby and a short 1 hour trek through the woods cost us about 13 euros.

I would definatley go back again, and totally recommend it to other travellers. The only critisism I would say is that the rooms are clean but are a little tired (we had two singles pushed together which was interesting and did raise a few giggles). But in compensation we were informed that the hotel would be closing over the winter (2009) for total refurbishment, so maybe this is going to be rectified.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tatenhove Texel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Tatenhove Texel

Address: Bosrandweg 202, 1796 NK De Koog, Texel, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Texel > De Koog
Ranked #3 of 22 B&Bs / Inns in De Koog
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Tatenhove Texel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Tatenhove Texel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Tatenhove Texel De Koog

If you own or manage Hotel Tatenhove Texel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.