This hotel has such raving reviews, not only on TripAdvisor but also on a couple of other review websites, so I really hate to be the one to bring down the rating. However, perhaps because of those wonderful reviews, we had such high expectations of the hotel that we were disappointed when we stayed there in May 2012. We had a 'standard' room.
Let's start with the positive points:
- Delicious breakfast with freshly baked bread
- Convenient location near main shopping street of the Koog and restaurants, with bicycle rental shop nearby
- Friendly and pleasant service by the owners
- Free parking within hotel compound
- Coffee/tea-making facility in the room
Why we were disappointed:
- The room is rather basic and the 'double bed' is actually made up of two adjoining single beds
- The bed is too soft
- The decoration of the room is a little dated and 'homespun'
- The 'bathroom' is actually integrated into the room as one open space, i.e. the shower cabin and basin are almost right next to the bed, with no dividing wall for privacy. It wasn't a problem for us but travellers who aren't comfortable with showering in the presence of other people may want to check if there are other types of rooms available before booking.
I agree with the reviewer RT1971 that the owners try hard but not sure it deserves a top TA rating. In my opinion, I would consider this a basic and clean B&B and nothing more.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Kogerstaete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Kogerstaete Texel/De Koog