This was the hotel we stayed in on our trip to Amsterdam with a tour group. Note though, that this is in a different town - Monnickendam, which is quite far from Amsterdam.
- Bed is actually 2 single beds put side-by-side to pass off as a double bed. But note that this is a common practice in hotels around Europe.
- No television or mini bar.
- Built-in closet.
- Dressing table with large mirror.
- Room size is a bit tiny, once you've got your luggage (we had 2 rucksacks and 1 travel bag) in, it will be a squeeze to move about.
- The room has a balcony.
- Shower over a regular-sized tub but no shower curtains.
- Hot water didn't take forever to heat up.
- I don't remember if they provided toiletries, but I think they had body wash.
- No hairdryer.
- Towels are provided, but no bath mat.
- Wifi cost 2 euros for 24 hours, speed was decent enough to use Facebook.
- There is a bar inside the hotel, but they don't serve ala carte meals. They however, serve group meals, which we had since we were part of a tour group. They had gelato/ice cream too, but I was too cold to even consider having ice cream.
- Breakfast format is buffet, which was included in our accommodation. I would say that the breakfast options were good, there were good choices.
- This hotel is quite secluded, there aren't any nearby convenience stores or restaurants around. However, the town of Monnickendam is just a 7-10 minute walk from the hotel - once there you have access to shops and restaurants.
- You will need to take the bus to get to Amsterdam, and the fare is quite pricey at 5 euros for a one-way ticket. The trip is around 20-30 minutes.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, it had a very homey feel to it.
I would recommend this hotel to travellers who are looking for comfortable and affordable accommodation when visiting Amsterdam. I won't mind staying there again, although I would rather stay in a different hotel to experience something different.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Lake Land Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.