“Blue Mountain Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast

You added Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Red Light District, Newcastle Road, Irish Town, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Irish Town B&B and Inns
Kingston, Jamaica
“Blue Mountain Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly to travelers and tourists alike, Rafjam is a gem in the Blue Mountains. Located only 45 minutes out of Kingston town, this place is so beautiful and peaceful! I lived there for three weeks and referred to it as the Jungle Palace. The beautiful waterfall and pools in the backyard were my favorite places to relax and rejuvenate. Everyone there made me feel like family and it was such a pleasure getting to know the staff. The Africa room is very luscious with a rustic sweetness, and the other rooms are very comfortable as well. The place is very clean and well put together and has beautiful murals on the walls! Rafjam is near to a Rastafari village; it's very nice to go on a Saturday for sabbath, and there are many other walking and hiking trails as well. If you're looking to experience cool tranquil nature and sweet family vibes, Rafjam is definitely the place to go!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

While visiting Rafjam Bed and Breakfast, I thought it would be like any other Bed and Breakfast, warm and welcoming, but instead I was greeted with the most beautiful welcoming smiling staff I have ever met. My bedroom left me in awe, namely Van Gogh. The view from my balcony was out of this world, the sound of the running stream was a pleasant reminder of the fresh water that awaited my arrival.Our meals were prepared to order, the chicken in beer sauce is a must during my next visit. My hubby thoroughly enjoyed himself, he said" never have I experienced such silence". Needless to say I leaving was bittersweet , as I know I will be back. Special thanks to my meticulous chef Clyron and other staff members Chris-Ann and Georgianna.

Room Tip: Convenient location, excellent bedding, breathtaking view with sounds of the running stream
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! Big thanks to Susan, such a kind gentle soul, and to the rest of the team who were all so friendly and hospitable! I was so lucky to be upgraded to the Africa room which had an amazing view of the valley.. I read my book and relaxed in my hammock, I went for my own hike down to the Irish town, grabbed a delicious iced coffee at Cafe Blue and really enjoyed the scenery from the magnificent blue mountains.. I loved the food at Rafjams too!♡ and the coffee was delish! I also loved cooling down in natural pools and water falls right by the property!

I was a little upset with the Rasta camp tour.. I paid 20 dollars for the tour which did include my entrance into the rasta camp which was all good and my hike up with Delroy was awesome..However the young lady who welcomed me to the rasta camp only showed me the tabernacle (which took 5 minutes) she then proceeded to tell me I had to buy something at the craft shop if I wished to do the tour. . I told her I had paid and she insisted.. so I only had 3 dollars on me which I offered as a donation as prices only started at 10 dollars at the craft market.. she then walked me up a few stairs telling me nothing to do about the rastafari community and telling me all about her life and asking me and out myself? . .. I kept trying to ask if I could see the village and she further demanded I pay 10 dollars if I want to see the tour as "thats the rule"... I didn't make a scene because I felt it was not my place to demand a tour but I was really upset that I never met any rastafarian ' s and saw how they grow their food etc. . As I was so looking forward to this. Maybe she needed more people I don't know. .but I just got fed up trying to argue.. So just be warned if you do go there to bring extra money?!? This had nothing to do with rafjams (everything was perfect on their part) I just was disappointed with the Rasta Camp and don't recommend this excursion

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Negril, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

No high blood pressure meds needed here. The place is like the garden of Eden. Susan and her staff are very accomplished. We were picked up down in Kingston and brought on a magical roller coaster ride up here to RafJam.

The first thing we had upon request was the BEST pumpkin and chicken soup I have ever had, followed by a marvelous fish dinner. We fell asleep to the sound of the brook babbling below our room window on a cool night.

My guy hiked around and found some waterfalls and more cool rivers. This place is a must do yall, just GO.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great rooms.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Uzes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

The gardens are like a mini paradise, stunning with a natural pool. The staff are young and dynamic, helpful and fun. The cook goes out of his way to make great food. We really loved it here, perfect mountain break or weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Susan and her wonderful "staff/family" made me feel welcome from the very second I first contacted her.Richie met me at the airport with a huge smile,after a long flight from France'the best driver on the island,as a lonely traveler staying 12days ,I was never alone,this peaceful paradise was what I wanted.The Blue Mountain in all it's splendor,the beauty of the grounds and the natural pools and waterfalls,breathtaking !!!!! And the food, yummy!!!!!!and of course the best coffee ,and plenty of it! great for hiking and the 4 legged friends will be happy to walk with you.
Thanks to everyone for their kindness,my list of pros is very long, the cons ,that's a tough one........hope to be back next year!!!!! See you then,

Room Tip: If traveling as a family ,the cottage.Solo smaller budget , the "Africa ",to be honest the...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

My husband and I truly enjoy our time there. From the minute we arrive every thing was prefect. Staff was really great,food was yummy. Meet 2 lovely friends that are like minded like us. So enjoy the nature walks on the property. So Looking forward to our next visit. Thanks a million guys and keep up the good work.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!