My friend and I started our 10-day adventure in Jamaica with a 2-night stay at Rafjam based on a recommendation from a friend and former guest. The property is nestled into the hills of the beautiful Blue Mountains, where days are sunny and nights are comfortably cool (no need for AC). The property includes a river and small waterfall, where guests can cool down after a hike around the mountains. I felt really at home at Rafjam and was very sad to leave. Susan, the owner, lives on-site, and her family lives next door and across the street. Friendly pets (cats and dogs) greet you when you arrive at Rafjam, and birds and butterflies abound in Rafjam's lush, tropical gardens. This is the perfect place to stay if your looking for a peaceful, relaxing, beautiful, realistic experience in Jamaica. At Rafjam, you can avoid all the tourist traps and the chaos of Kingston to catch a glimpse of real life in the Jamaican hills. I felt like I was a personal guest rather than a tourist here, which added a level of comfort I always seek while traveling to new places. The price was impressively low considering how comfortable the accommodations were and how beautiful the property was. You also get a discount if you stay at Goblin Hill, where Rafjam's owner's husband is the Manager, after staying at Rafjam. Susan, the owner, is a sweetheart and a very genuine person who makes you feel at home and comfortable. There are some attractions within walking distance too - a coffee plantation, beautiful hikes, a Rasta community, some gardens, and horseback riding. Plus, it's only 30 minutes from Kingston if you need a dose of nightlife. I spent most of my time lounging on one of the hammocks overlooking the river. I've traveled a lot throughout the world, but Jamaica and the Blue Mountains specifically, is now on my top-3 list of favorite places. I missed Rafjam for weeks after I left - it was my favorite part of our trip along with Goblin Hill in Port Antonio. I highly recommend the Blue Mountains and Rafjam during your trip to Jamaica.
- Also Known As:
- Rafjam`s Bed And Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel Irish Town
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the valleys of the Blue Mountains, Rafjam Bed and Breakfast offers an authentic, local Jamaican experience like none other. Rafjam is located up the B1 highway from Papine in Kingston. After about a 30 minute drive and arrival to the town of Red Light, turn right on Hopewell Road and drive all the way down the cul-de-sac. Nestled between two rivers, the guest accommodations are perched high above the natural scenery: the cascading river in our backyard or the fleeting glimpse of a hummingbird sipping rain water from the petals of a heliconia.The climate in the mountains drifts from sun to cloud all day, with scattered rain. Rafjam offers an ideal spot to soak in the soothing Jamaican sun while not getting scorched along the way. You can always jump into one of the many freshwater pools on the property to cool off, or climb up to the 15 foot waterfall just five minutes away.Born and raised in Springdale Cove, Susan inherited her parent's house and decided to refurbish. Eager to offer a taste of paradise to everyone, she opened these magnificent Blue Mountain Cottages with the help of her husband. This vivacious, real Jamaican lady and her professional, laid back team will welcome you and provide whatever you need for you to enjoy your stay.Rafjam's kitchen serves a variety of succulent Jamaican and international cuisines. Our team includes world renowned chefs who evoke their Caribbean, North and South American, and European palates with their culinary creations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. A special request? We will cook according to your taste. Many of the items we serve are grown organically right here in our own backyard or acquired directly from local farmers. A global, eco-friendly gustatory experience in the quiet heart of the Blue Mountains.Five star service in a family setting... you will surely be back again!Rafjam: service beyond expectation... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages and Nature reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.