Great place and fantastic people! We stayed at their wooden cottage and it was fabulous. The bathrum is absolutley stunning and so is the natural stone on bottom floor. The view from the upstares bedrooms are also really nice. The small stream outside and the beautiful nature really makes this place magical. We had a lot of business in Kingston but did not want to stay there as it's so much husslin everywhere. So it was nice to get a way up to the mountains and eat some good food at Rafjam. No people trying to sell you stuff just some nice food, john holt and some red stripe. We had a 1 year old with us so we got very happy about having some kitchen facilites. Even if you are not visiting the mountains and you just have business in Kingston it's worth the 40 min drive down just to get out of town for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the valleys of the Blue Mountains, Rafjam Bed and Breakfast offers an authentic, local Jamaican experience like none other. Rafjam is located up the B1 highway from Papine in Kingston. After about a 30 minute drive and arrival to the town of Red Light, turn right on Hopewell Road and drive all the way down the cul-de-sac. Nestled between two rivers, the guest accommodations are perched high above the natural scenery: the cascading river in our backyard or the fleeting glimpse of a hummingbird sipping rain water from the petals of a heliconia.The climate in the mountains drifts from sun to cloud all day, with scattered rain. Rafjam offers an ideal spot to soak in the soothing Jamaican sun while not getting scorched along the way. You can always jump into one of the many freshwater pools on the property to cool off, or climb up to the 15 foot waterfall just five minutes away.Born and raised in Springdale Cove, Susan inherited her parent's house and decided to refurbish. Eager to offer a taste of paradise to everyone, she opened these magnificent Blue Mountain Cottages with the help of her husband. This vivacious, real Jamaican lady and her professional, laid back team will welcome you and provide whatever you need for you to enjoy your stay.Rafjam's kitchen serves a variety of succulent Jamaican and international cuisines. Our team includes world renowned chefs who evoke their Caribbean, North and South American, and European palates with their culinary creations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. A special request? We will cook according to your taste. Many of the items we serve are grown organically right here in our own backyard or acquired directly from local farmers. A global, eco-friendly gustatory experience in the quiet heart of the Blue Mountains.Five star service in a family setting... you will surely be back again!Rafjam: service beyond expectation... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages and Nature reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel Irish Town
- Rafjam`s Bed And Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature