Great spot from with to discover the blue mountains scenery and atmosphere.
Getting to rafjam from Kingston is easy, rather ask for their preferred taxi driver or drive up the hills. Ask for directions. The way from the main road to the B&B is a dirt road and part of the experience, I had no problem with my rented toyota Corolla, by night.
Arriving there, the place is very clean, large rooms and bathrooms, and large smiles welcoming you.
We were a group of 14 and had no problem having our meals on the deck outside. There are covered places if you fear the sun or the rain. The menu is great with choices for various tastes, we really appreciated the local meals from breakfast to dinner.
The temperature was naturally cooler in the mountain than on the seaside, but there was no need to have a sweater on at this time. we rather had a swim in the natural swimming pool and a red stripe at the Tiki Bar.
We had first chose this B&B against the other short listed because it had many activities that could be organized. We visited a coffee plantation and went up blue mountain peak by night .
Beyond the scene, the place, the atmosphere, was a dedicated team managed by Susan. Very open and willing to share what their country has best in the mountains. Thank you all for taking care of us ! We had a great time and know where to go when we come back in the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the valleys of the Blue Mountains, Rafjam Bed and Breakfast offers an authentic, local Jamaican experience like none other. Rafjam is located up the B1 highway from Papine in Kingston. After about a 30 minute drive and arrival to the town of Red Light, turn right on Hopewell Road and drive all the way down the cul-de-sac. Nestled between two rivers, the guest accommodations are perched high above the natural scenery: the cascading river in our backyard or the fleeting glimpse of a hummingbird sipping rain water from the petals of a heliconia.The climate in the mountains drifts from sun to cloud all day, with scattered rain. Rafjam offers an ideal spot to soak in the soothing Jamaican sun while not getting scorched along the way. You can always jump into one of the many freshwater pools on the property to cool off, or climb up to the 15 foot waterfall just five minutes away.Born and raised in Springdale Cove, Susan inherited her parent's house and decided to refurbish. Eager to offer a taste of paradise to everyone, she opened these magnificent Blue Mountain Cottages with the help of her husband. This vivacious, real Jamaican lady and her professional, laid back team will welcome you and provide whatever you need for you to enjoy your stay.Rafjam's kitchen serves a variety of succulent Jamaican and international cuisines. Our team includes world renowned chefs who evoke their Caribbean, North and South American, and European palates with their culinary creations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. A special request? We will cook according to your taste. Many of the items we serve are grown organically right here in our own backyard or acquired directly from local farmers. A global, eco-friendly gustatory experience in the quiet heart of the Blue Mountains.Five star service in a family setting... you will surely be back again!Rafjam: service beyond expectation... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and HostelWorld so you can book your Rafjam's Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages and Nature reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel Irish Town
- Rafjam`s Bed And Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature