“Very nice start of our bicycle trio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst

You added NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst to your Saves list
NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eperweg 46 | Veluwe, 8072 DB Nunspeet, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Sparrenhorst)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nunspeet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“Very nice start of our bicycle trio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked a 7 days bicycle tour around " the ijsselmeer " And we started at the sparrenhorst hotel. The service was very friendly at check in And also at the restaurant. Clean rooms with comfortable bed. Breakfast was fantastic, everything was very fresh and nicely displayed .
On the negative side, no aircon, so room was a bit hot during the night. And not a lot of choice on the menu at night, their recommended restaurant is closed on Sunday night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NHSparrenhorstVeluwe, General Manager at NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Olivia B,

Many thanks for your review. Hopefully you had a good and safe trip by bike. The tour around the IJsselmeer is a very nice one and we can recommend this for more visitors who love to bike.

The days you stayed in our hotel were indeed one of the hottest in The Netherlands for this year. Since the hotel has an air circulation system and not an airconditioning system I can imagine that the temperature in the room was higher than normal. Luckily enough the hotel is situated in the woods so the trees works like an parasol.

The restaurant is indeed closed on Sunday evening. Of course you can enjoy our a la carte menu in our Grand Cafe and on the terrace side.

Many thanks again for your review and comments.

With kind regards,

Erik Werners
Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a fabulous place to stay!

I really enjoyed my stay here for a conference. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the train station, but since I didn't know that when I got off the train, I phoned for directions and they send a minibus around to collect me. Then they dropped me off at the station at the end of my stay.

Room rate was very reasonable for a well equipped hotel. It's in a small wood, has a fitness centre with a couple of exercise bikes, a treadmill, free weights, weight machine and a sauna, solarium and a reasonably sized swimming pool.

There is a main bar, a couple of restaurants, and a smaller bar downstairs.

Also, which is very impressive, they have a theatre with banked seating and a balcony for the conferences, which is also a cinema at the weekend.

Staff were helpful and friendly throughout and they all speak excellent English.

Rooms were clean and well designed, with a proper desk and chairs for using a computer.
Breakfast wasn't included, and is a sizeable fraction of the cost of the overnight stay, but probably worth it as it would take a while to get an alternative in town and the breakfast itself is very good - you probably won't need to eat for the rest of the day, with a hot and cold buffet spread and - get this - a machine where you can make your own waffles.

Oh, and if you are staying on a Saturday night, there is late breakfast and check out on the Sunday.

Brilliant.

Room Tip: practically faultless. A few points - there's 24 hour room service food for some items, but afte...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NHSparrenhorstVeluwe, General Manager at NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear murnaontour,

Many thanks for your stay and your very detailled and nice review about our hotel and our services.

With pleasure I will share this review with all our staff members in our hotel. They can be proud of having such nice guests who appreciate their daily service and work in the hotel.

We like to welcome you again in a hotel of the NH Hotel Group.

With kind regards,

Erik Werners
Hotel Director
veldhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We went to Sparrenhorst last weekend, knew it from New Year's Eve in 2011. Again we were not dissapointed.
Got a double room downstairs with a terrace. Good room, good beds with separate shower which we prefer over a bathtub. The only thing we missed was a safe in the room; which, after making a comment, was not available in only a few rooms. Next time we'll ask for a room with a safe. Also a mini bar wasn't available: only the luxe rooms have a mini bar we were told, we had some water we wanted to keep cold..
The staff was very helpful and friendly, it was a pity that all bath ropes were gone already on Friday evening as we stayed until Monday and we wanted to use the indoor pool.
The served breakfast had all you would like incl. fried eggs, tomatoes, meat, fruit, etc.etc.

Room Tip: ask for a room with safe and mini bar
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stay here once a week and find the staff welcoming and friendly. The rooms are a good size and clean. Comfortable beds and quite reasonable pillows. Restaurant for dinner OK but food a little uninspiring. Again staff very friendly Breakfast was disappointing but probably made worse by large group of Russian guests who were incredibly rude. Such a shame.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Tilburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I'd say I frequent this place, and although I only come here for business, I totally feel at home, this is the only business hotel which really makes me forget I'm here for business. Staff are extremely kind and helpful, always willing to run the extra mile for you. Food in the restaurant is excellent, and the breakfast is the best I've seen anywhere in the world. Even for picky people like myself (vegetarian) there's always something good to find. And if the breakfast is good, the lunch buffet even outperforms the breakfast; everything fresh, tasty always some surprises and lots, lots of choice. Really in the Netherlands this is the best business hotel you can dream of. The environment is nice too, although I've never taken too much time to explore... I guess staying here privately/non-business would be as good as business wise, but I've never tried it, as I the place is too much related to business/work for me ;) But I would definitely strongly recommend the place to anyone, for any purpose without hesitation!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stay here while on a business trip to Nunspeet. The hotel is well laid out and the decor is nice. The only good we had was breakfast which was very nice. Lots of choice, hot and cold. All fresh and nicely presented. The only negative was the pillows; easily the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. Square and hard! Like resting my head on a bag of sand!!! Not good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Schoonhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

A great place to stay, beautiful nature, very nice hotel, good facilities, tasty food and friendly service.
We organized a 3 day event for 100 women and we have to say that the only thing we heard is how great and fun it was.
The hotel is being mentioned everytime as a great place to have such an event.
Absolutely a good combination of co - creation, everybody working as a team for a succesful event and making sure that everybody has a good time!

I am sure I will be back to Nunspeet.

Room Tip: You can ask for the room facing the woods.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to NH Veluwe Conference Centre Sparrenhorst? Share your experiences!