“My absolute favourite place in St Gallen” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Saentispark
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wiesenbachstrasse 5, Abtwil 9030, Switzerland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Abtwil
CH
“My absolute favourite place in St Gallen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I travel on a regular basis to St Gallen, and have stayed in quite a few hotels in the city centre.
The Saentis - although not downtown - is my absolute favourite. Rooms are spotless, with a warm and elegant touch. Beds are very comfy, bathroom is great.
Very professional reception, a bar with live music and an excellent restaurant (quite pricey) - but above all, free access to the spa which is just 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel, in a large mall. A luxury treat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was in St. Gallen for business when I stayed at this hotel. The people working at the front desk were very knowledgeable, friendly, and spoke English. The room did not have wireless internet but the front desk provided me with a cable that worked just fine. The hotel is located next to a large Migros grocery store and buffet restaurant so I was able to eat very well without too much expense. It is also located by Santispark Fitness Center which appeared to be very nice. It included an indoor water park but I went there for one thing only --- a massage. My massage was reasonably priced at about $80 and well worth it after my flight in coach!. The front desk called over for me to check the availability of the massage.

The hotel is not located in the center of St. Gallen but the bus that goes to the center of St. Gallen stops right in front of the hotel and I bought my bus tickets right at the front desk. It couldn't have been easier to go into the city.

If you don't mind a 20 minute walk you can also get to a major shopping mall with a giant IKEA nearby.

Also every evening when I was there a piano player was in the bar/ lounge area. Even though I didn't go to the bar I enjoyed the music when in the lobby.

A negative for some people may be that the hotel room had a small TV, but I don't need a huge TV so it didn't bother me. The TV did have CNN international on it so I could keep up with world events a little.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Beautiful hotel near San Gallen!
we arrived by bike, but I think that by car is 10 minutes from the city.
at our arrival the girl at the reception took us for a tour showing us the garage where to park our bikes, the breakfast room and our bedroom. this is something that I've never saw doing by any receptionist in a hotel! she was really nice!

the bedroom was spacious, with a big shower and bed and a sofa as well!
in the bedroom we found also the suntowel and a bag to carry our stuff to the close swimmingpool and spa center across the road.
the entrance was included in our price and we spent a really relaxing afternoon using the wellness, sauna and swimmingpool!

the breakfast (which was included) is delightful with plenty of choice for any taste and type of food

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Parma, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is very nice, very comfy and quiet rooms, and the free acces to the Spa on the other side of the road it's just awesome (I don't know if it's only our company convention that allows that).
Restaurant is very good, altought very very expensive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Goldau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a wonderful weekend here, the rooms are beautiful and the bathroom was brilliant. The standard of cleanliness is perfect. The only thing that let it down was the tiny tv in the room. The staff were fantastic, they couldn't do enough for you. We were given a complementary drink at the bar which was a nice start to our weekend. The hotel provides a bathrobe and towels bag for you to use at the spa/swimming pools, which are just across the road. The pools were great and the whirlpools relaxing! All in all a lovely stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Santispark is the perfect example of a business hotel, great views of the alps, clean rooms and friendly staff. One thing that's important for me after travelling for hours is a power shower, and I've never experienced anything like this!

Breakfast is as you'd expect, good range of continental european foods, it's the evening when a real gem is unearthed, the chateaubriand is simply amazing! I'd deffinatly reccomend if you're travelling in group of 2+ (if you're unaware, they don't serve as a single portion)

There is a fair bit to do nearby although if it's your first trip to Switzerland it's fairly expensive to get around in a Taxi, I seem to remember a ride from St.Gallen (th nearest big town) back to the hotel, cost in the region of 45 CHT.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I were on vacation and we were a little worried that a "business" hotel would not be a good fit but this hotel was a pleasant surprise. Excellent room with a balcony, free wi-fi, very modern and clean. Coffee, juice and pastries in the lobby in the morning and there was a clothes washer and dryer on the top floor. Really everything one needs for an extended trip. You need a car due to the out of town location but it really was not an inconvenience as we were out and about anyway. There is a large shopping mall 100 yards from the hotel so that you can get food and anything else that you might need on a trip. This was a fantastic hotel with very pleasant staff. One of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at - my experience base is extensive as I am a long time international business traveller.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Saentispark? Share your experiences!