“4 day trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire

Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire
Meta bike Cafe, Comercio Enara 2 | Camino viejo de Altea 24, 03580 L'Alfas del Pi, Spain
+34 966 86 81 04
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Meta Bike Cafe is your one stop shop for all things bike. We offer professional quality hire bikes, Cafe, Cake & live cycling on large screen TV. We've an expert Road & Mtb guiding service The Costa Blanca's largest fleet of full carbon Road, Mtb & City, Hire bikes. Offer accommodation packages. Day hire & guided ride service. Pre planned route maps. Mechanical service & repair. Plus the very best local advise you can get for your cycling holiday
Truro
“4 day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently went on a 4 day trip to Spain and hired a bike from Ciclo Costa Blanca, the quality of the bike, the advice, assistance and guided riding were all excellent, I would be very happy to recommend Ciclo Costa Blanca to anyone.

Visited October 2013
Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Many thanks for you review,, pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay .

London
“Really wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ciclo Costa Blanca was great to go through to enjoy a ride out in the mountains near my base in Benidorm.

Terry was always on hand to answer my emails and went to the effort of collecting me from the hotel early that morning and bringing me to their base for the 1 day ride I’d booked.

I’d booked a guided ride with Terry up the Coll de Rates mountain but in all honesty wasn’t sure of the total distance or the length of time the ride would be, presuming it would be about 40-60 miles and a good 3-5 hours. This all turned out to be fine when that morning Danny the wonderful mechanic told me how long it would be and the route. It was to be a good 80km 3 hour ride in the end. In all honesty, I’d have liked it to be a bit longer as I really enjoyed it so much, but the time and route was so perfect enough I can’t complain!

There was a slight issue with the bike I’d booked, myself typically faffing about and changing the bike I’d pre-booked to a better full carbon version, only for there to be an issue with this bike with the cabling and then being given a different colour same model version. This bike turned out to ride fine, the only issue I had was that the bar tape was coming loose slightly but being such a big operation it’s easy to have bikes with niggling issues such are the beauty of these complex machines, so no real complaints there.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. I loved being taken out by a friendly local guide and through the glorious hills and a great bike. The price was very reasonable and Terry picking me up and dropping me off back at the hotel you couldn’t ask for more.

If I was to say anything would be that I would have liked to have seen the route beforehand and maybe have a bit more input it. That’s all really.

I enjoyed it so much I’m looking to go out and ride for a week with them as part of training in the New Year.

Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013
Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post this review,, Im pleased to see that we did´nt dissappiont you ! That you enjoyed the Hire bike, The company of our guide & the days route.. Within your review you suggested more input prior to the ride. I´m pleased to say we are planning to display our guided routes on a large TV screen allowing our guests to view the route and ride profile prior to the depart.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Terry was extremely helpful and fun to ride with. The bikes were good, the rides were challenging but the climbs were always rewarded with beautiful views, fun descents, & great coffee with good conversation from both Terry, Danny, and whoever else joined us! I couldn't ask for a better trip! I highly recommend booking a trip with Ciclo Costa Blanca and will be returning again. I stayed in the four star hotel and found the accommodation was good and the food was also good with lots of variety!

Visited July 2013
Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay,, All the best and hope to see you back with us again
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Gata hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very friendly service, excellent bike. All round top class. Terry was very courteous and full of advice for bike touring round the area even recommending a local cycling club to tag along with.

Visited July 2013
Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello,, Many thanks for your review,, Good to hear you were happy with our service ! All the best
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Fantastic ride, beautiful scenery, good company...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Terry was extremely helpful with all manner of question prior to our day's ride. We signed up for an 80km morning ride towards Sella from Albir Gardens. The rental equipment was first class and well tuned! Unfortunately Terry couldn't join the ride, but our Spanish guide Danny was a true gentleman - he rode between us to check progress and how we felt as we quickly ascended out of Albir and into traffic-free mountain roads. The roads were good and views magnificent. I'd highly recommend Ciclo Costa Blanca and will definitely ride with them again!

Visited July 2013
Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review,, great to see you enjoyed the ride, our bikes and service,, all the best