“7th time we've stayed here!” 4 of 5 stars

Albir Playa Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camino Viejo de Altea 51, 03581 L'Alfas del Pi, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in L'Alfas del Pi
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“7th time we've stayed here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Once again, the accommodation, food and ambiance were excellent. The staff as always friendly, amiable, courteous and treat us as family! This is despite the best efforts of some guests to be as rude to staff as possible. The public areas and rooms were immaculately clean and, as usual, are kept to a high standard.

One thing [in our view] has the hotel down this time. The entertainment!

We appreciate it's the end of the season but the hotel was still extremely busy and except for two nights [both Saturdays], no headlining acts were featured.

The talented entertainments manager did an excellent job trying to engage the hotel's guests with what appears to be a woefully inadequate budget. So come on Management, boost the funding next year - there is hardly any competition for entertainment in El Albir. place could be packed - the hotel is missing out on an opportunity!

We still intend to visit again in the near future and if you want a relaxing break in this laid back resort, we suggest you do the same!.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool are best - so low, even numbers [eg 202, etc] form the second to the forth...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbirPlayaHotel, Director Comercial at Albir Playa Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting in Albir Playa Hotel for your holidays. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and send us your comments that help us to continue to offer a better quality service every day.

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the Albir Playa Hotel. A lovely Hotel in an ideal quiet but prominent location within an easy short walk to beach, shops, buses and tram stop. The room was well equipped and spotlessly clean and the reception staff were extremely obliging and accommodating to all our needs. Although we never used the pool or the spa facilities, they looked to be top quality and very clean. The only thing that has prevented us from giving it the very top mark is the food. I would not say it was bad, but definitely no better than average. The main meals lacked variety and tended to be very similar every day. The desserts were virtually identical every day. The food was not always that hot, even though we always went for our meals as soon as the restaurant opened and it was an all too frequent feature that they frequently ran out of stock with frustrating waits whilst the food trays were replenished. I would expect better of a 4 star hotel. John & Jenny, Sheffield

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just returned home after a week at this wonderful hotel. Everything about it was great, we enjoyed our stay very much and will return next year. The reception staff were the best always happy to help and gave us tips about some very good restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

just returned from 2 weeks holiday in this hotel for the second time this year. The reception staff were excellent on arrival and departure always ready to help. requested special room and more than happy to oblige. room spotless as usual, beds comfortable and changed regular, plenty of clean towels. Pool area excellent, plenty of sun loungers vacant any time of the day. Food was plentiful and so much to choose from even the fussiest of eaters could find something to eat. We had a lovely relaxing time, the only fault in our opinion entertainment was awful,really could do with having some professional acts brought in a few nights a week.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbirPlayaHotel, Director Comercial at Albir Playa Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have just returned from holiday, stayed at the Albir Playa.
This is a comfortable 4 Star Hotel, with good facilities.
The accommodation is very good, the rooms and bathrooms are spacious and well maintained, the housekeeping staff are absolutely excellent, hence the high cleaning standard throughout the Hotel, maintenance staff also very efficient.

The public areas including the pool are lovely, very relaxing.
The restaurant is very well laid out, seems to be a problem with the temperature of the food, which definitely could be hotter, but large selection and very well presented.

The staff in general are good, possibly the Reception staff are not the most friendly approachable people, some room for improvement there,

As a caution, BEWARE OF THIEVES IN THIS AREA
On arrival at the Albir Playa, we got off the bus and were busy taking our luggage into the Hotel, I walked into the revolving door carrying two suitcases, my wife got into the pod behind me, a man and a woman who had walked up really close to her got into the pod with her, they then attempted to rob her by trying to open her shoulder bag, she realised what was going on and challenged the woman, who then started to apologise
(hands in the air, nothing to do with me gesture!).
My wife exited the revolving door into the Hotel foyer, the thieves then entered separately, pretending they did not know each other, walked round the reception centerpiece and straight back out through the front doors,
We only let these people go because nothing was stolen.
We reported the incident immediately to the Receptionist, who assured us there was C.C.T.V. throughout, I asked that the footage be reviewed and for the Manager to contact me,
She explained that as it was Sunday, the Manager was not on duty, I requested the he see me as soon as he returned there was no response at all from the management.

I eventually found him some 4 days later and discussed the attempted theft, quite frankly if the hotel manager cannot respond to a request from their guest then what would be their overall purpose, as no guests............. no hotel!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have recently returned from the Albir Playa Hotel and Spa and cannot praise this hotel enough.
I think the outstanding feature of this hotel is the wonderful staff they have. From the moment I entered the hotel till I departed I cannot fault any of the staff. As a single traveller I was a little bit apprehensive of going to a hotel I had not stayed in before but I need not have worried, I was made to feel so welcome, I even extended my stay by an extra night.
I had booked direct with the hotel via the website, and had emailed prior to my stay to request a high floor room. I was delighted when I checked in and was advised by the reception manager that I had been upgraded to a delux room on the top floor, and it was simply beautiful with great views and afternoon sun!
I stayed on a half board basis and cannot fault the food and service in the restaurant. Good selection for breakfast and I never struggled to find something for evening meal. I think the thing to remember with the hotel is that it is a small restaurant as most guests on bed and breakfast only, so the selection is not as vast as some of the larger hotels, but always good quality and varying themes each night. I particularly liked that you could have wine by the glass, and this was good quality torres gold label and only 2 euros for a large glass!
At night I had a wander down to the seafront and back before heading to the hotel bar, for a mojito, I have never drank so many mojitos and again they were reasonably priced. I felt very welcome and relaxed in the hotel bar, and Marco and Manuel were great bar men and kept the guests entertained.
The spa in the hotel is one of the best I have ever been to a huge circuit with a lovely chill out area, and was so quiet when I visited was almost like have the spa to yourself. I had a 50 minute relaxing massage and again this was great value with superb friendly staff.

A huge plus for me was the location of the hotel, on arrival at alicante airport, I took the public bus which runs on the hour every hour to Benidorm bus station this costs 9 euros and is a direct service, I then hopped in a taxi direct to hotel door for 10 euros, and this worked out wonderful as within an hour of landing I had checked in and was on my balcony. I heard that the tour operators and shuttle buses were taking over 2 hours to get to the hotel, so I would recommend the public bus as a good alternative. The hotel is also situated just over the road from a bus stop with buses running to Benidorm and Altea every 20 minutes. I took the bus into Benidorm and it was just 1 euro 35. I walked from the hotel down to Altea approx 40 minutes walk but an easy walk all along the flat seafront promenade.
Also virtually over the road from the hotel is a tram stop, this tram runs up to Denia in the north and down to Alicante in South. When I left the hotel my next stop was to be Alicante so I opted for the tram at just over 3 euros this was a great way to see some of the fabulous coastline.

All in all I had a fabulous time and will look to return in the new year.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room facing pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
AlbirPlayaHotel, Director Comercial at Albir Playa Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

dublin ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hi
Myself and my wife have just returned to Dublin Ireland after an excellent stay at this hotel. We have stayed on many occasions over the last few years and have had nothing but excellent experiences. The main reason we really enjoy our stay at the hotel is mainly due to their excellent staff and also to the hotel itself. The staff could not be any more helpful, no matter what your query or request is they will go out of their way to facilitate you. A particular mention for the bar staff, Marco and Manuel who are extremely friendly and good fun. Also the staff on reception are also very helpful and we always look forward to our holiday here. We have seen a few improvements since our last stay, whereas the food had always been excellent it sort of dropped but this year it has returned to its previous standard, excellent choices and great variety. Only complaint here was that dinner didn't start till 7.30 which I found to be a little late if you wanted to go into Benidorm or Altea in the evening, but that's just me. When we arrived there was a lovely bottle of chilled cava in ice bucket and some chocolates in the room which was really appreciated. The hotel is ideally situated in Albir, not far from the beach, the no. 10 bus route to Benidorm is very near and you can also take a stroll along the promenade to Altea which is a lovely little Spanish town which takes about 30 minutes. There is also a lovely walk out to Faro lighthouse which is well worth doing. All in all we really cannot find any negative things to say about this great hotel, only good positive ones and we have already booked our holiday for next year. The owners of this hotel should be really proud of all the staff, from waiters,waitresses, cleaners, bar staff and reception staff for the excellent job they do. Well done

Room Tip: Some of the pool view rooms do not get sunshine during the day
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbirPlayaHotel, Director Comercial at Albir Playa Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Kind Regards

Been to Albir Playa Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!