“Cracking steak” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wordsley
“Cracking steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The steak i had was excellent, just carve and cook it to your liking! However the wifes meal was not as good and my sons meal was pathetic to be honest!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Derry
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Been going to the Hot Stone for a number of years and it never disappoints and it's lovely to see the place going from strength to strength each year. The food is outstanding and the early Bird menu is really excellent value, 3 courses for 15 Euro, and really good quality, I personally love the brie, steak finished off with the fruit crumble. Staff are very friendly and accommodating and the thought of a meal in the Hot Stone has got me through manys a long winters day at home! Concept of the stone is great and to be honest couldn't fault it. El Raso is without a doubt the place for amazing food, great quality that you would no doubt pay high prices for at home! Well Done!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Beautiful steak, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Hot Stone on recommendation and we weren't disappointed. The 'concept', as it says on the menu, is that they seal the steak and then deliver it to you on a hot stone. The steak is raw inside but you slice pieces and cook them to your liking on the stone. Perfect every time.

Rump steak starts from €12 and sirloin from €15.90. This includes a side. There were 4 of us and we shared sides in the middle of the table. The mushrooms came with some oil so you could cook them on the stone with your steak. Beautiful steak and good service.

They have a Happy Hour between 5-6pm, Which is €10 for 3 courses, including a steak. The fish also looked delicious and I will be trying that when we go back. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I went to the hot stone with my brother, my nan,my mum and my dad. We all chose to eat from the set menu. For starters I had the tomatoe and basil soup. It tasted like cream of tomatoe soup. It was a thick texture. For mains I had a rump steak. I really like it because you get to cook it yourself. (If it is not cooked through propably then it's your fault.) For dessert I had there chocolate ice cream. It was really rich and it had little chocolate chips in it. I thought it was a lovely evening and I would go back there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great great great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This place has every thing from pizza to steak and the hot stone concept is awesome. The staff are friendly and accommodating and it's menu del a noche is great value for money. I took my wife and 2 teenage children they had no problem choosing from the above menu with steak that you cook to your liking who can complain after all if it's too under cooked it's your own fault.

We had a jug of the home made sangria, great flavour but my wife and I felt a bit tipsy afterwards, the banana split was great all round a great meal, great service and great concept. We shall return.

Visited June 2013