“A location and view to die for, with fabulous food to match!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
England
“A location and view to die for, with fabulous food to match!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We have had the delight to dine with Ken and Donald and their excellent staff on a number of occasions and always recommend them to friends visiting anywhere in the region. My wife considers their fillet steak to be the "absolute best" and she is an expert, having tested steaks out from as far apart as New Zealand, going east, all the way back around to Australia!! If you like it 'just pink' then ask for it to be cooked "Al Punto".
I love the fish offering (scallops are supreme!!:) plus they offer the full pork-fest you'd expect in Catalonia - and if you are at all unsure of the selection (including wine!) then James is always on hand to explain, in the politest and most efficient of ways.
My brother is in the restaurant business, also knowing his wines (with his own cellar) - and he refers to Can Roquet as his "favourite eatery in the world" - no finer praise is possible! Finish up with a glass of Don Pedro!:)
Tell the boys (and Janet!) that the people from Villa Shangri-La sent you! You will NOT be disappointed with this choice - I suspect that anything less than great review on here is from the competition, which is average at best, by comparison!!:(
Bon appetit!

• Visited May 2013

93% Recommend
Barcelona, Spain
“Looking for a nice setting? Looking for great food? This is it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We discovered this place trough the reviews here on Tripadvisor. As Belgians living in Barcelona we definitely wanted to try out this restaurant for our self during our last Costa Brava trip.

We had some difficulties find the restaurant as our GPS was sending us the city center of Santa Christina D'Aro, while the restaurant itself is in a tiny village nearby called "Romanya de la Selva". Once we were at right place we were immediately struck by the beautiful setting of the restaurant. Georges views over the green hills, very nice outdoor dining area which must be awesome during the hot summer evenings, and last but not least the great interior of the restaurant.

The restaurant serves some nice Belgian beers so I went for good old Westmalle Triple as my aperitif. The service was impeccable and certainly not snobby as some of the other reviewers were mentioning.
Foodwise it was one of the best dinners I had in the Costa Brava! I started with some scallops with a cava sauce, which was great! My girlfriend went for a salad, which was only so-so. Pretty bland she told me. For mains we had veal tenderloin with mushroom sauce and lamb chops with fine herbs. Both were delish!

We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sta cristina d'aro
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We use this restaurant for special occasions only.As always the service and quality of the food was excellent.The amuse-bouche was appetising,the rack of lamb superb and beautifully cooked as requested, if rather a lot to eat, wine not cheap by Spanish standards but very acceptable.
Service attentive but not intrusive.
A place to invite anyone you owe a favour,whether daytime or at night.
In summer eating outside is delightful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, CA
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I actually at here in 2011, but at the time I wasn't in the habit of reviewing restaurants. But I just found the card from the restaurant and decided I must write something here. We stumbled upon this restaurant by accident and it ended up being one of our best meals in Spain. Firstly, the location and view is just splendid. The service was incredible. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. We told our waiter we were planning to share everything and they said they would divide everything up for us. Each time the plates came, we were convinced they had made a mistake and actually put in order for 2 of everything. Finally, we said something and they said, no, those are all a single portion divided in two. Needless to say, we did not go hungry! The only reason I would have for not recommending this place is so that it doesn't get overrun with tourists.

• Visited February 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“It stays on à very high level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was not my first time in this Belgian run first class restaurant and it will not be my last visit. Very rarely I eat so good and in such good portions server. For me very important since I do not like " lif lafjes " . They serve the very best quality of food made in à very original way.

• Visited October 2012