“Decent for a Short Stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added FrontAir Congress to your Saves list
FrontAir Congress
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Alberedes 16, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain   |
St. Louis, Missouri
“Decent for a Short Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night because of the free airport shuttle and because we had an early flight the next morning. We need to use the shuttle van service twice because we arrived at the airport from another destination and were leaving Barcelona the next morning. When we arrived at the Barcelona airport we called for the shuttle van to pick us up and they said they'd be there in 15 minutes. We waited for over 45 minutes and were about ready to take a taxi when the van showed up. Upon arrival at the hotel the front desk staff were efficient but not overly friendly. They made the necessary arrangements for the shuttle van to take us back to the airport early the next morning and set up a wake up call. The hotel is located in a strip mall type area with stores around it, however, everything was closed because it was Sunday. There was a McDonald's on the parking lot and a fried chicken restaurant within walking distance. The hotel room is average, with a big bed and decent bathroom.The free Wifi service never worked in our room on the fourth floor. We had to take our device to the first floor lounge area to access the Internet. The hotel has a nice pool, gym, and tennis type game room, however, the hotel charges extra to use these services which is a shame because hardly no one was using them when we visited. I was pleased to say the van was ready on time to take the group to the airport bright and early the next morning. There are two terminals in Barcelona's airport, be sure to check which one your airline uses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights recently, overall the areas are clean, well maintained and modern. I don't like writing this review because I know how bad reviews hurts any business particularly those that we cannot foresee such as a hotel. I had the worst experience at a very nice hotel. First, the AC did NOT worked at all, I tried to fix it after I called and notify the front reception about the issue. I waited 6 hours and they never showed up. It was embarrassing to keep calling (I'm not the type of person that enjoys bugging) During this time the hotel was (or still is) under a massive remodeling, where construction workers that look more like a demolition team were pounding and knocking off walls. So just picture this: you came from a 14 hr flight, early in the morning, there's no AC and you cant sleep because of the demolition team's unbearable noise. After waiting for 6 hrs I went to the front desk and asked either to move to another suite or to get my money back (in a nice way) first the young black lady at the front desk told me that the construction workers were about to shut it off and call it a day in about 10 more minutes (didn't happen) and then she confessed that they had to disconnect the air AC because my room was too close to the demolition area ;/ Well I felt like they lied to me the whole time. Finally a Spanish looking receptionist was nice enough to switch me to another location I was finally able to sleep after all. So, first: I think they should not lie, second accommodate the guests far away from the construction area. I was very dissapointed by what had happened, it is a nice hotel but unfortunately Im not going back because of this episode. I do not wish to get reinbursed but it would be nice if the management would at least apologize for the inconvenience. I paid for the 2 days I stayed even though I only stayed 1 night. They should treat everyone with honesty and not insult our intelligence with lame excuses or lies.

Room Tip: Stay as far away as you can from the elevator, or front reception area (doesn't matter which flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Sant Boi de Llobregat hotels

Oostvoorne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This Hotel is just fantastic, with a transfer service to the Airport and the city centre (Placa Espanya) in Barcelona, its in easy reach of everything. In the middle of a shopping centre, with huge shops. We did like Al Campo, the enormous supermarket on walking distance. We took the transfer to the Airport, and the driver brought us to the trainstation, where we took a train to Sitges, a lovely town at the Costa Dorada. Barcelona itself is in easy reach, as well El Prat.

Room Tip: We had a standard room, which was absolutely fantastic !
wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as we had an early flight and wanted to be near the airport.The hotel was on a leisure shopping complex,loads of places to eat ,eg mcdonalds and pans, and shops with the biggest supermarket ive ever seen.The hotel was a 4star but should have been more,it was total luxury.Room was large,clean and comfortable,there was even soap,shampoo,shower gel,shaving foam and razor.They pick you up from the airport and also take you back free of charge.Very efficient staff. There was a large restaurant and spa on site, and an indoor pool.Unbelievable value at £50 for the room for a night.Would deffinately use this hotel again especially as its only 1o minutes from the airport..

Room Tip: You have to give 24hrs notice for the airport transfer, so don't forget.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and it was perfect. Comfortable beds, quiet and clean rooms. Shopping center attached to hotel with large supermarket and a variety of stores open until 10:00 pm. McDonald Restaurant in the parking lot which is a good alternative for a cheap breakfast.

They have a free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to and from the city of Barcelona (go to the Information office and ask them to call the hotel for you to ask them to send the shuttle).

The shuttle to the city must be reserved as it is very popular! It's a large air conditioned bus that takes you to Espanya train and metro station. The only negative is that last shuttle from the city back to the hotel is at 8:30pm and a taxi ride is quite expensive if you miss it.

If the price remains low, I will definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

"Since I was doing research in Barcelona for just one day and flying out the next, it was important to find a comfortable hotel close to the airport with a shuttle* that could get me to my flight early in the morning. *(To catch shuttle from T1 (USA arrivals terminal), take exit to Parking G, go straight ahead through a somewhat deserted outdoor area to what looks like a dead end stairway; go down and you're on ground level where all hotel shuttles stop. Frontair Congress circles each 30 minutes. There is also a Frontair Fira shuttle, so be sure you catch the right one. Like a lot of Europe, in Barcelona there aren't signs directing you like in the USA. You have to use your instincts and go with the adventure!) I was pleasantly surprised at how modern and clean the hotel was for such a reasonable price. The room was nicely appointed and the laminate floors a great alternative to hotel carpets that never seem clean. The room and bath were immaculate. Bed was firm and comfortable; linens fresh and crisp. If I could have stayed one more day, I would have looked into the spa services that are offered. Because of my short stay I didn't use them, but it's nice there is a McDonald's across the street and a Chinese restaurant across parking lot and small shopping facility next to hotel. Nice for business or pleasure. I recommend Frontair Congress Aeropuerto to anyone needing a quality room with shuttle service close to the Barcelona airport! "

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel is being remodeled outside. Decor is clean with modern lines. I loved the wood floors and would paneling in the rooms and hall ways and lots of glass. Restaurant onsite with limited menu. Morning shuttle was right on time. You have to sign up for shuttle. Not much to do in the evening in the area. In an industrial area.

Room Tip: Beds are very firm, so need to consider if you want a softer mattress.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to FrontAir Congress? Share your experiences!