We stayed here whilst on our road trip last August/September 2012, through France and Spain. We travelled for hours through the Costa's and then as I was giving up hope, I found this hotel. We drove past, U-turned, and took a suite for a couple of nights. The hotel stands out from any other, but we chose it as i'm a bit 'precious' about my car, and the parking was private, with a security guard (oh and they WASH your car for you - result!)
Nicely kept grounds, inside the hotel is deceiving, it goes back a long way, and offers everything one would expect from a 5* resort, and the staff are really lovely and friendly, and even allowed me to practice my hideous 'schoolgirl' Spanish on them! The chef does create some 'wow factor' delights, but being Veggie, I was asked 'what i'd like', and agree 100% with a previous poster, who said that there should be more veggie options on the menu, rather than the chef 'whipping something up'. Please, i'm not complaining, that was lovely, but i'd rather just pick from a menu like anyone else. The food is faultless, the drinks are 'good measures', the entertainment was a beautiful spanish singer when we were there, she was fab.
The room was immaculate and sumptuous, 'gotta love red and gold decor', but a little dated. Nonetheless, for the £550 per night we paid, B&B, I wasn't moving to another hotel, I just saw two rooms and chose the best one for us! The bathrobes were soft, the wardrobes plentiful, TV wasn't great signal, balcony was lovely, and the jacuzzi bath was FAB!
All in all, if I could get it for a few days in the Summer at the correct brochure price, and not an 'i'm desperate for somewhere to stay' price, I would happily come back!
If you want to feel special, with a two hour flight, and are celebrating, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We did, after all I said, really love it, though for it's 5* rating, it needs tweeking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel offers direct access to Platja d'Aro's Cala del Pi Beach. It has a free 600m² spa, free Wi-Fi and parking and an outdoor pool with sea views.Rooms at Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi feature a hydromassage shower and a private terrace, many with views over the Mediterranean Sea. All come with satellite TV, pillow menu and Loewe amenities. Hotel Cala del Pi features a heated indoor pool, waterfalls, ice fountains, a Finnish sauna and Turkish bath. There is also a small fitness centre. The Rosa dels Vents restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine prepared using seasonal products. The cafe bar includes a summer terrace overlooking the sea. Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi is located on the Costa Brava, just 27 km from Girona-Costa Brava Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Salles Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salles Hotel And Spa Cala Del Pi
- Salles Hotel & Spa Cala Del Pi Costa Brava/Platja D'Aro, Spain