“Really nice hotel in a perfect area near Barcelona.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Nautic Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urb.Parc d'Aro Carrer E.1, 17250 Platja d'Aro, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 33 hotels in Platja d'Aro
Athens, Greece
“Really nice hotel in a perfect area near Barcelona.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

I stayed with my doughter. The hotel is located in a Very convenient area. During the night highly noise from the shopping center opposite.
I asked for another room but it was not able to get one. Platja d'Aro is nice, near Barcelona and
Anddora. Nice hotel in general.

• Stayed August 2011

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

Hi there, I'm writing while I'm "enjoying" the suite number 1005... Let's face it, this "hotel" is for us a HUGE disappointment.

I initially reserved and got confirmed a Junior Suite with 3 independent beds. To make a long story short I'm travelling with my mother and my daughter...
First surprise at arrival, the staff seems not much of pro people...
Second one they tell me my reserved suite is not available...
The "special" suite they offer us (1005) is just about UNFINISHED. There is no door to separate WC from the room neither for the barhroom... Talk about some privacy.
The 3 independent beds requested are now tranformed in a double bed (inwhich my mother and my daughter do sleep well, thank you for them) ...plus what we can call a poor entry level camping bed in which I lay now while writing this review. Awfull structure, bad and cheap mattrasse, tiny space... I feel like camping here!

Breakfast buffet is cheap club style and the hotel seems full of people enjoying cheap formula club style... I let your own imagination find out the profile of these cheap hunters families...

Luckily I am leaving this bad location whthin two days.

Oh, did I mention the "SPA" is also far from being clean and as unfinished as the rest of the hotel? I will not go too far in the details but I can tell you about the very weird feeling you could have when your feet and toes reach and unwillingly touch "strange things" lying at the bottom of the spa swimming pool ... Enjoy your meal sir!

I'll stop here to ensure I can keep myself politically correct.

In one word : do NOT, I repeat do NOT come to this place ... unless you love disgusting things.

Cheers.

• Stayed July 2011
Middlesex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

Having spent 7 nights at this hotel on a half board basis, I would agree with other guests that this is more a 3 star hotel than the advertised 4 star. The meals were all self service - not what I would have expected for 4 star! I witnessed several guestswho were partially disabled having difficulties getting in and out of the pool. A handrail would have been useful! Not once during my stay did I see the pool being cleaned, however samples were taken away for testing once. Service from the bar was to say the least - poor! I found it easier and far cheaper to go to the Supermarkets (which were 2 mins away) and purchase better quality beer for less than EUR 1.00 per bottle, chill it in the refrigerator and consume on the balcony.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Antwerp
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Have been for 5 days to Nautic PArk in August.
The positives:
- New hotel with relatively good facilities: nice pool deck with sufficient amount of sunchairs
- Clean rooms with nice bathroom
- AC works properly
- Nice balcony attached to the room
- Nice and new fitness and spa area, very spacious

The improvement needs:
- Breakfast is chaotic and of poor quality: lack if fresh products (not even fresh orange juice) and everything is self service - sometimes you need to line for 5mins to get a coffee out of a semi-broken coffee machine.
- Location is rather ok, though noisy at night thanks to the 2 discotheques in the street, and at night all the disco visitors pee on the street (ok, this is out of control of the hotel, but be aware)

Overall nice stay, though would recommend to book room only and have breakfast in any of the outside cafeterias...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel. Pool area was quiet hence plenty of sunbeds.Rooms were standard size and beds were made each day - could have swept floor though.Nice bathroom and shower.Location wasn't great though - in the middle of a Cinema/bowling complex. 10/15 mins walk the to town which was nice enough.Breafast was a buffet which was good enough -no complaints. Had dinner one eve which was also a buffet - bit like a works canteen though.
Mostly Spanish and French in the hotel.
Resort was very busy but very quiet nitelife- no bars as such..lots of Spanish families. Didn't hear any English or Irish accents, mostly Europen mainland, although the restaurants had an English version of the menu.
Would recommend this resort to a family with young children who want to get away from an English speaking resort.
Definitely not a partying resort.Great beach though !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nautic Park? Share your experiences!