“Experience I Will Never Forget!” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Mediterraneo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig Martitim 294, 08860 Castelldefels, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Castelldefels
“Experience I Will Never Forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I needed a short break after a hectic few weeks at work. I chose the perfect country, location, and hotel. A very quiet neighbourhood. The staff were terrific! The service was perfect. The rooms clean and my bed was comfortable. High quality restaurants close by and the icing on the cake is the clean soft sand beach perfect for relaxing.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

anamarino, Director General at BEST WESTERN Mediterraneo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests.

I hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Marta Garcia
Assistant Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tychy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It a very nice hotel located directly on the seaside of Castelldefels - good for holiday and for business travelers
It has pretty modern rooms with original bathroom solution that is seen from the room itself , light around the bed top and the size is also very comfortable
It has an outdoor swimming pool and very good breakfast
The restaurant is also very fine - there is an option of daily fix menu for dinner which costs 14 eur and in my case was consisting of delicious fish soup , grilled fish and sorbetto for a dessert
The waiter is very nice, he described the dishes and was very friendly and helpful
I recommend this hotel also for the runners because being directly on the sea shore it is possible to have a good run in the morning on the sea path which goes along the beach
It is very nice way to start your day even if you are traveling on business - at 6:30 the beach will be only yours and you can see the sun rising ;)

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Topolinco

Thanks for taking time to post your review of our hotel. We do appreciate all the great comments about our location, cleaning and comfort. Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them.

We really appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and we hope we get to see you again in the near future.

Marta García
Assistant Director
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

We've just returned from spending 6 nights at the Best Western in Castelldefels and it's a great little hotel. We had a good sized room in the main part of the hotel with a balcony with sea views. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast every morning which offered the standard range of continental pastries, cereals, coffee, fresh fruit etc as well as cooked items.

We ate out every day but that was because we wanted to explore the local area and there are so many restaurants and tapas bars within walking distance so it seemed a shame to stay in. (but there is a decent room service menu on offer at the hotel, as well as a nice bar area serving food all day where you can sit in the sunshine)

Housekeeping were great and the front desk staff were very friendly and offered us help with taxi's and local information. We made good use of the free wi-fi and had no problems at all with it during our stay.

The weather was a little too cool to enjoy the pool but the pool area looked really well kept although it's quite small but there are sunbeds around the outside of the pool as well as tables/chairs for drinks.

We didn't use the spa facilities but did visit the gym which although it's small, it has enough to get a basic workout covered including a decent range of free weights.

The hotel is in a great location and you can walk to the beach in about 2 minutes, where we found a couple of great places to eat as well as lovely little bars to enjoy a coffee in the sunshine.

The beach area is really popular with runners so worth taking your gym gear with you, it's a lovely long stretch of flat beach with a decent promenade so idea for a long walk or jog.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

A hotel with good location and easy access to BCN. It can be nice to be here during summer as the beach is only couple of meters from the hotel. The room was clean, friendly stuff, good food in the bars around..

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

We stayed at this hotel from 19/12/14 to 27/12/14. It was very quiet with few guests. However the staff went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one leaving champagne and cakes in our room on Christmas eve night. During the summer I expect it would be an ideal place to stay as it is just across the road from the beach. It is 6 train stops from Barcelona which only costs 5 euro return and 2 train stops from Sitges which cost 6.80 euro return each. We were disappointed that there was no entertainment at the hotel and didn't appear to be much going on in the surrounding area but we think this was more to do with the time of year than the place. The highlight for my husband was going to see Barcelona play Cardova on Saturday 20/12 at Nou Camp, even I enjoyed it, tickets were 86.00 euro each and we spent several hours looking round the club. The weather was good, reaching 16 - 18. We went half board and the food was very good with a different choice every night, usually 3-4 items in each course. Breakfast is buffet with plenty of choice. Carmello the maître-de was a star, translating, advising, giving directions and making sure everything was ok for us. If you want tea and coffee in your room ask for a kettle etc. at reception when you arrive and it will be provided. We will definitely go back but with the family next time; my husband and son are already planning the next football match!. Good location for Barcelona and Sitges which is a lovely busy seaside town. Supermarket and newspaper stand across the road.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Really easy to get to from Barcelona Airport. From terminal 2 buy a T10 ticket from the machine and take the Rodalies train to El Prat de Lobregat (1 stop). Walk to platform 1 and get on a Villanova Train to Platja de Castelldefels. Once there walk to the roundabout and turn left and you will reach the hotel in about 5 minutes. The staff speak English and are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is buffet style and you can have bacon, scrambled egg, sausage, cold meats, bread, cereal, croissants, biscuits, selection of fruit juices, fruit and coffee. You won't need to eat agan for hours. To get to Barcelona just walk to the station and use the T10 ticket that you bought at the airport. This gives you a total of 10 journeys and can be used on the metro and buses. If you change metro stations it only counts as one journey provided the the duration of travel does not exceed 75 minutes. If there is more than one person travelling you can share the ticket, it just counts as another journey. This ticket is fantastic value for money. Take the train to Sant or Passeig de Gracia and use the metro system to get where you want to go. Return to the hotel from Passeig de Gracia by getting on the Villanova train from platform 1 as this is much easier than using Sants..
The beach is just across the road and it is fantastic. You can walk in either direction to find a variety of places to eat or drink and it is 5km long. We spent two days visiting the sites of Barcelona and the rest of our holiday on the beach. It is a perfect location if you want to see the city and sunbathe. The room had a balcony and there is wifi, it is very clean and comfortable but the bed is a twin and not double. A kettle and coffee are not provided unless you ask at reception. In a nutshell it is probably the ideal location for visiting Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

this hotel is nowhere near city center - if that's your thing then you will have to book a more expensive hotel.

this is a small hotel across the street from a very large beach. it is clean and I believe all rooms come with a balcony. mine was large and had no sea view (I didn't request one). it was quiet and the room itself was pretty comfortable. it won't wow you, but it is solid and clean and the staffers are all very nice.

what I liked: supermarket across the street with some cheap spanish wine (you can get a good bottle for under 4 euro!). turn left out of the hotel and you can find a ton of restaurants to try. beach is big and gorgeous - perfect sunsets every night. ask the front desk for a beach towel and spend the day on the beach. nice balcony. comfortable bed.

what I would change: the housekeeping staff is stingy with clean towels. they didn't replace any of my glasses during my four-night stay. I'm sure I could have called the front desk and they would have happily sent up new ones, but I feel like that should have been done without my having to ask. the shower was a bit dodgy. every 30-40 seconds I'd get a blast of extra hot water. I had to brace myself for it every time! the tv didn't work that great and I never got the bbc while I was there even though it is listed as an english channel. no big deal though as I wasn't there to watch tv!

I never went to the gym because it's an added fee. didn't try the pool either or the restaurant. there were too many nice looking places to grab a bite down the street.

I would definitely stay here again for a beach holiday, but if you want culture, I'd recommend staying in town.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Mediterraneo? Share your experiences!