“Oasis in the market” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Sheffield
“Oasis in the market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on Easter Sunday as a welcome stop during the market meander. Really excellent Tapas and drinks. We called back later on the journey just for drinks and the welcome and staff were just as friendly. We sat upstairs the second time and the view over the market is really entertaining. Highly recommended.

Belfast
“Friendly little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Dropped in a couple of lunchtimes for drinks and nibbles. Very friendly owner and best wine I had on a two week trip. Also, could buy a bottle to take away, which was a bonus! Rustic and relaxed. Great to sit outside and watch the world go by. Only open in evenings over summer months.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent refuge from the busy market, tremendous tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went on our first visit to Teguise on a market day (a Sunday in February 2013). I thought it was fairly crowded (although locals told us it was not very busy!) so immediately started looking for a place to have coffee whilst my wife and other more energetic family members went off to shop. Fortunately we found this excellent bar with a lovely shady upstairs room. I occupied the table by the window from which there was a great view of the tables outside, market stalls stretching in two or three directions and what I remember as a little circle with bikes parked around it and a singer who was fairly good and only reasonably amplified.

I started with fresh orange juice and cafe con leche (milky coffee I suppose you would call it) which I tend to have everywhere in Lanzarote. I enjoyed the cool shade of the room and the views around the market and Teguise from the window. It's a lovely room with old dark wood barrels, dark wood lining the room etc. -- just as in one of the photos above.

When the family returned we all had a selection of tapas dishes including meatballs, potatoes, rice and so on -- maybe 8 or 10 dishes altogether between four of us. All were really excellent.

I should mention the multi-lingual staff who were all friendly and very informative if you wanted to ask them anything about the market or the area.

I should also add that the free wi fi worked very well so I think we ended up with four people intently studying various mobile devices!

Just reading through the above I don't think I can fault this place in any way so have changed my rating from 4 stars to 5 stars!

• Visited February 2013
The Cairngorms, Scotland
“Traditional tasty tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've made a point of having a tapas lunch here at least once each holiday for some years and the high standard is maintained: good service and delicious food, presented in tapas dishes for sharing, and by bilingual Spanish/English staff/managers. Upstairs seating is atmospheric and a good alternative to the tables in the street if you want shade or to escape a windy day. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“best tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We visited here at the beginning of Oct, lovely place to sit and the best range of Tapas menu we came across, delicious! Also very nice wine and friendly service. We bought sweet dessert wine here with the Bodeguita on the label. We look forward to visiting next time!

• Visited October 2012