“very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara which is a dish not only can I cook extremely well but I love it. the dish that came was not nice at all, it was served with a knife and fork really, although I don't need the spoon to eat spaghetti I only had 2 forks full and could eat no more the waiter didn't even ask if anything was wrong or why I hadn't eaten my food just took the plate away and we paid our bill and left, not good service or practice at all

Visited December 2012

Luton, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

2nd visit in a few years and wasn't disappointed. One of the more upmarket restaurants on the Playa Blanca prom and a good venue for dinner with usual range of meat and seafood dishes well cooked and served in a pleasant atmosphere. Would have given it 5 if I hadn't found my cod main slightly over salted but that's more about personal taste than a criticism of the food. Recommended.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wirral
“Lovely setting and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. The waiters were funny, helpful and professional in their roles. We both had steak which was very well cooked. My husband had the starter of Txistorras (hope I got that right!) which was a fried egg atop a potato stack with a chorizo sausage, was delicious! One thing I would say is that portions are Large! I would recommend this restaurant.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, welcoming staff, family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just spent over a week in Lanzarote and ate at Almacen de la sal every day. The food was lovely. They do the standard tourist snack dishes, which are perfectly acceptable. If you like seafood, however, you should try the full menu and special dishes, as these are far better. The seafood paella is particularly good, as are the clams on the 'specials board'. We tended to eat there for lunch, which was not too crowded. However, we also went for an evening meal, which was lovely. The waiters are very friendly and helpful and great with kids. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. We would recommend ths restaurant highly.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Memories are not made of this!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Visited Almacen de la Sal with high expectations after being here previously last year a couple of times. Meal started well with a good starter but sadly the mains were not good. We both had fillet steak both said to be medium but both were dry and over cooked served with inedible vegetables and potatoes. The biggest issue was service where we were basically ignored for long periods of time and have yet to see the sweet menu. It then took ages to get the bill and found it very expensive including it seems being charged for a couple of bread rolls which we were never offered although everyone-else had them. Not a big item on the bill but seemed strange.
The lasting memory is one of a restaurant that could not be bothered about us as customers. A shame as we had enjoyed it previously.

• Visited October 2012