The villa was a two bedroomed bungalow with a sun terrace on top located in a residential district about 1 km from the sea front. We went with Thomson. A tip - if you are going with Thomson you need to find the rep at the airport in order to find out which number villa you have been allocated and the key code. If you arrive at night you have a problem as the street lights do not work - you'll not be able to read the key code of the box with the key inside. Also beware of the numbering, each villa has two different numbers, go by the ceramic tiles. The area is rather unfinished in appearance, no white lines, weeds three foot high in the gutter and the rubbish bins are located on the main road - just go down each day with a bag.
Area is very quiet on the whole. The garden is lovely with a sheltered sun deck but I warn you the pool is cold. There are no cushions on the sunbeds. Inside the kitchen was fine, though not well supplied with untensils (no bbq tools!) and the washing machine is in a cupboard outside. The beds were rock hard. The air con worked brilliantly. The actual bungalow is very well disigned.
If you just want a few things like a newspaper or milk and don't fancy a 2 km trek, walk in to Sun Village - a nearby complex. Go in the main entrance, immediately turn to your left to leave the block, walk down and in to the food plaza, you'll find a mini market underneath. Otherwise, we found hyperdino in town was good, there are plenty of nettos and a spar but they are all a drive away. the bbq in the garden worked well and we enjoyed eating out on the patio each night. We didn't find any veggie food in the supermarkets and brought our own over in a cool box. The prices in the supermarkets are OK.
There is no internet connection. But, note that there is a coin operated service by the mini market at sun village nearby as well as some bars in town.
We did our day trips by ourselves but there are plenty of excursions on offer should you wish to take this option. On the whole, a lovely two weeks and we would happily go to this location again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Susaeta is a Residential area situated in Playa Blanca, in the south of Lanzarote, next to Papagayo beaches. It takes 30 minutes from the Arrecife airport getting to Playa Blanca.Playa Blanca is a touristic village, and Villas Susaeta are situated near the center of the town, far away from noises, but close enough to the center where you can find great beaches, shops restaurants, cafeterias, supermarkets… (About 1000 meters from villas) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Villas Susaeta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Susaeta Hotel Playa Blanca
- Villas Susaeta Lanzarote/Playa Blanca