We booked this hotel on the basis of strong reviews, and weren't disappointed.
We were upgraded from a basic double to a family room which meant we got a kitchen, lounge area and eating area - much more than we bargained for! (We were in the family annexe over the road - this really didn't bother us as the pool there was nice and quiet, and the rest of the hotel is probably less than 100m away so it's really not a big deal.) The rooms were spotlessly clean and service everyday. The only thing I didn't like was that our terrace was right next to the path between the family annexe and the main hotel, which made it a bit overlooked - but this is a really minor thing, and very much a case of personal preference.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but the food was varied, good quality and plentiful. We really were spoilt for choice with the cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, continental breakfast, hot breakfast etc. The staff at breakfast (and reception) were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is about a 15 minute easy stroll to the marina, which has a good selection of restaurants. Playa Blanca itself is about a 40 minute stroll (all along very easy, paved routes). We also walked to the Papagoya beaches from the hotel - the first sandy beach is about 15 minutes walk but we carried on to the Punta de Papagoya which is about 45 minutes. There was a bit of scrambling, but I did the walk in flip flops so it really isn't too taxing. There are a lot of naturists on all of the beaches, but it was equally ok to stay fully clothed (as we did!)
All in all, a great break and I would recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel is located on the island of Lanzarote, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. This 4-star hotel in Playa de las Coloradas designed particularly with families in mind is open all year round and offers a full range of entertainment, sports and relaxation. At the IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel you can enjoy the most out of the island's natural paradise, as well as its volcanic landscapes, tropical vegetation, crystal clear waters and idyllic beaches. Family holidays in Lanzarote are more fun at the IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca