“Lovely resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Flamingo Beach Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Montana Roja s/n, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #14 of 35 hotels in Playa Blanca
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just returned from the flamingo beach. Brilliant apartment even though we stayed all inclusive. The food was very good even got English sausage at breakfast ,there was always something nice to eat at every meal time. The harbor was about a 15 min walk away and playa Blanca was about 20 mins walk with some lovely bars.The only thing we would have liked would have been a bar were you could just have a drink and a chat with some lovely people we met. Would definitely return to the flamingo beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6a which was in the quiet part
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JJonayAfonso, General Manager at Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your email. Thank you very much for your nice and friendly review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon.
Regards
Jonay Afonso
General Manager.

1,634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Polish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed between 6th + 13th Feb .Extremely grateful for the free upgrade to a newly refurbished room which was excellent.We stayed in a premier inn before flying out and this room is of a similar standard.The resort is sprawling and we did notice that the foreign travel companys offer an orientation walkabout which Thomson-First Choice should consider on their meet + greet.We done two trips a catamaran standard stuff check the weather before you book + fire mountain.Better to just hire a car for 2 days than either of these.Back to The resort we stayed all inclusive food was good they deal with all allergies + intolerances. As per the title it was downstairs for families which was fine as they were foreign + well behaved and the old and bold were sent upstairs at night which was dimly lit so lots of people banging into things.Staff great wellness centre good reasonably priced treatments.Handy for a beach which was tolerably warm and a good selection of shops. Also handy for the port.+ shops. Overall vv good one down side was the amount of litter on the beach .As for the hotel great and also accessible for wheelchairs.

Room Tip: 1 a is away away fom the main complex but turned out to a premier inn standard
Peterborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My friend and I booked, according to Thomson, a fourT holiday to this complex only to be told that it's rating was only Two star and although it was OK for two star it was not up to our usual requirements. It was very shabby and definitely in need of refurbishment. This we were led to believe should take place before this summer. We were most upset that the resort catered for families and being older we found it very noisy. The food was varied but also only, at best, tepid so no wonder there was an outbreak of sickness and diaorrhea whilst we were there. So if you wanr four star and peace and quiet avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We travelled to The Flamingo beach on the 27th January for 7 nights to celebrate my 50th birthday. In our party where 4 adults and three kids 5 and under. Please note: I was burnt be a chef passing me a red hot grill. I will talk about his later but be assured I am still going to give a frank and honest account of our holiday.

Lets start on a positive note: All the staff without exception was first class as was the reps.
Johanna at the green grill bar and Telma at the quite pool bar stood out for me. Now onto the rest....

When we arrived the initial 2 rooms we where allocated b6 and b8 had a room in-between which I doubt the elderly couple in it would have appreciated kids in rooms either side of them. Also the rooms had a delightful view of the back of the bungalows no view whatsoever.

The stall changed us without any fuss to bungalows 50 and 66 which was better. However, we made the booking for all of together so would gave expected rooms adjacent but it was not the end of the world.

As this is a holiday village, I was surprised of the lack of water features here. All the kids had was 2 mini slides and a fountain. No pirate ship or other fun things for kids too play on like other holiday villages.

The rooms are quite basic but acceptable. If you book with first choice beware. The pictures of the rooms are not what they look like now. If you look at the small writing at the bottom its says the way rooms are meant to look in summer 2014. Misleading in my opinion. Things like sun beds and general things around the pool liked quite dirty in certain areas. Although overall the hotel was very clean.

On the theme of kids, as my son was just under 3, he could not attend the kids club and had to go to the babies and toddlers group. However, this is only 3 times a week for 45minutes and a parent has be present which kind of defeats the object. Another thing to mention is the room is windowless and never very inviting. In fairness, the 2 older boys travelling with my in-laws enjoyed the kids club. In conclusion, I read in other reviews that "the kids loved it" to be fair if most kids have got some water to splash about in or a beach to build sand castles they would love it, I am not sure they loved just because they stayed at the Flamingo.

Food. you have three choices of restaurants. The el chef, the green grill and the sea tavern which you may visit once on your stay.

We will start with the El Chef, as this is where you will eat most of your food. There certainly is a wide choice for you to pick from as in the main of a high quality. But the puzzling thing is healthy eating and what the food contains i.e lactose free etc. is widely publicised which is welcome, but why was all the food so salty which is very unhealthy? Other families also commented to me about this. Towards the end of the week, the food felt a bit samey but still ok I guess.

The other restaurant you can have one meal in is the Green Grill where you have a steak . Do yourself a favour do no bother. Everyone I spoke to walked in and straight out and went to the EL Chef instead. The steak was very leathery and not really up to scratch plus very limited other selection of food.

The sea tavern is very nice where you have tapas and steak and well worth it.

So the conclusion before I go on to talk about the accident is this. I had a good holiday but not because I stayed at the Flamingo, but because of the people I was on holiday with. I am afraid to say although the hotel was not bad by any means, there is a lot of room for improvement particular on what it offers to its younger guests. Seeing as we spent over £2200 for our holiday, I think on reflection there is better options out there. I guess you know I am going to say I would not return to the Flamingo nor can I recommend it in its present state.

Now onto the slightly ugly side of my stay. Whilst visiting the El Grill restaurant the chef passed me a burning hot skewer resulting in getting burnt ( not thankfully, severely ) 2 fingers. No warning was given to me that it was hot and I shudder to think what could have happened if a young child touched it. In fairness the reception call the doctor out and he treated my hand.
This was an avoidable accident which is the annoying thing for me.

When I spoke to one of the managers the following morning had no kind of apology, I was just told to see the first choice rep. Since my return I emailed the manager over a week ago. No reply. Emailed the main reception 3 days ago. No reply. First choice still have made no contact apparently it can take up to 28 days. Unacceptable.

I would have thought a formal apology and some kind of gesture to compensate me for this accident not of my making would have been in order, but apparently I am not even worth a reply to my emails. 0 for customer service Flamingo beach and First choice.

Room Tip: do research before you book. some rooms face back of bungalows so new view whatsoever
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JJonayAfonso, General Manager at Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review and for the positive information on my hotel. I’m concerned to hear about the incident in one of our restaurants and would like to offer my assistance. Please email me on Jonay.afonso@nordotel.com to discuss further.

Kind regards
Jonay Afonso
Northwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We chose this holiday because we wanted to have some winter sun and to be in a nice location. When booking we didn't realize that this is a holiday village and caters mainly for families with young children. Being a couple in our fifties we don't really want to be surrounded by kids - you are here. But I shall try to write a balanced review - the food in the hotel is of a good standard and there's lots of choice. The hotel staff are friendly and our room was kept clean and tidy. All of the rooms have a sea view and the beach is lovely. The pool area is great for kids and they seem to cater well for them. However we were less impressed with other things, such as having to pay for WiFi. There is a separate dining room for adults, but we found that it was still being used by families at times. The hotel entertainment in the Moonlight Bar was poor and as soon as it ended at 9:50pm the staff would turn the lights on and make it obvious that it was time to go - by cleaning the tables, taking out the wheelie bins etc. The only bar for adults to use is the Atlantic Sports bar, which is awful - it is like a hospital cafeteria. No such luxury as comfy chairs and a relaxing atmosphere! The Green & Grill provides the same snacks daily ie salad, tuna or egg mayo, hotdogs, burgers and spag bol. I was not impressed on one day to see that the waiter was happy to wipe tables and put cutlery out but avoided cleaning up spilled juice, which then a family stood in and traipsed around the room - especially when I knew that there was a 24 hour bug going around. Location wise it is a bit out of the way really, for local bars, you need to walk past the harbour to find them. In conclusion I would say families with little kids will love it, but it wasn't for me!

Room Tip: You might want to ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms, ours wasn't one. Also i am aware t...
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Traveled as a party of eight.Did have concerns after reading the reviews but was not disappointed. Aging but clean resort. Good position, one of very few with it's own beach. The food was excellent, one of our party has Celiac disease but had no issues. All the food is very well labelled to help her condition. Alcohol good, reasonable rose wine for the ladies. Staff all very good.
To sum up this was a reasonably priced holiday in a three star resort with excellent food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Halesworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

An excellent hotel in every respect. Our bungalow apartment was spacious and clean. It had all you needed for a self catering holiday which several families were doing. We only used the kettle and coffee machine. Bathroom big and spacious and beds were comfortable. We also had a small secluded terrace from where we could see the sea. We were in a quiet position at the edge of the site. We were all inclusive, a first for us. At the Flamingo it worked really well. The restaurants are all great and the food unbelievably good and varied. I could make you really hungry and list all that was on offer, just go and try it for yourself. The variation is amazing. The staff make sure no dishes run out and are attentive and helpful. The two main restaurants operate at normal meal times whilst the Green and Grill is open from 11 am to 5.30 pm enabling you to eat at all times of the day.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are away from the pool areas.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!