I stayed at this resort on an all inclusive basis during the week 16/01/14-23/01/14. We booked a superior room numbered 68B, which had fantastic views over the sea, and on a clear day you could also see Fuerteventura.
The maid service was absolutely great, the rooms was always kept spotless. Best thing about the resort by far was the food. All the restaurants and snack bars included on the all inclusive had SO much choice and the food was all fresh and delicious. The Green and Grill snack bar was open from 11-17:00 everyday and you could go in as many times as you wanted and have cooked food, fresh fruit, desserts, everything! And the two waiters in there were so lovely (can't remember their names). You also get an A La Carte visit during the week to the Tavern by the Sea which was delicious, tapas and a fantastic steak right on the seafront.
The beach is right on the doorstep of the hotel and is the only sandy beach for ages along the coastline, so if a sandy beach is essential to your holiday then you have to pick this hotel.
As a Brit travelling in the winter season, you unfortunately will be the minority at this resort, as the winter season seems to be highly tailored to Scandinavian guests. The entertainment team and a lot of the activities are primarily aimed at a Scandinavian audience, so sometimes is was quite tricky to pick up what the shows were about if you don't speak those languages! There was also no real entertainment or any lively bars past the time of 10:30, so that is one thing that is missing.
You could always get a sunbed at the pool no problem. However, one suggestion I would make is that there should be some form of music around the main pool, as it was slightly lacking atmosphere.
Overall, for the price we paid it was a nice getaway for the week. Unfortunately the weather was a bit temperamental so we only got about 3 days of sun, so just be warned if you're expecting heatwaves and blue skies as this is not always the case! I would recommend this hotel as it was a bargain for what we paid, but would I go back? Probably not, as it seems there is only so much you can do there, and once you've been further a-sea such as the Caribbean, this sort of place can't really compete. But a great place for just a weeks getaway :)
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Flamingo Beach Hotel
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.