“Fantastic family holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Flamingo Beach Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Montana Roja s/n, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have just returned from the Flamingo Beach 10th-20th Oct. We had a fantastic time and I can not fault anything, from the apartments to the facilities, food and entertainment was fab. I have an 8 & 2yr old who loved it here. Big thank you to the First choice team, Beth, Mel, Frank, Holly and especially Jamie who my daughter Grace fell in love with!!! You were all superb and made the holiday extra special for us. I emailed the hotel before we came to ask for two rooms together which were given overlooking the pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with families as the kids are so well catered for. The speciality restaurants are also well worth a visit especially the Tex Mex and Italian. The staff can'd do enough for you and are always smiling and helpfull. There is also plenty to do or if you prefer you have the quieter pools and the beach is just a few minutes walk away. Kids club are brilliant and they do so may different activities with them. We would definately come back again.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the small or quiet pools.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JJonayAfonso, General Manager at Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your email. Thank you very much for your nice and friendly review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you son.
regards
Jonay Afonso
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just back from a great week in flamingo beach. Had a great time the hotel is clean and smart. The staff and first choice entertainment team can't do enough for you. Always plenty to do or just chilling out. We took a 3 year old and she loved it. Would look at going back again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the flamingo resort from 6th-13th Oct and it was just brilliant.
Myself,my partner and our 2 girls along with my friend her husband and their 3 boys had a great week and could not fault it anyway.
I emailed a few weeks before to request we were located beside each other and with a pool view and we definitely got what we asked for. We upgraded to the superior rooms and it was worth the extra money when booking, we were given b52 and b53 which were right beside reception and the pool.
It was my first time doing an all inclusive holiday and it's the only way I'll be holidaying in future.
The food was great so fresh and such a wide variety and with the extra restaurants on site you never get bored of the same foods.
The rooms were cleaned regularly and kept spotless.
Leaving the best til last the Entertainment!!!
I can honestly say from early morning until bed time there was some sort of entertainment going on. During the day there was pool games, pool side quiz, painting for the kids, clown games for the kids And so much more then great entertainment in the evening with kiddys discos, the widgets show,bingo and an evening show which also kept the kids entertained. The reps worked so hard and we couldn't thank them enough for being so friendly and making our stay so so enjoyable... Thanks a mill Holly Frank Jamie Mel and all the others x

Dear customers,
Thank you for your email. I am very happy that your experience in Flamingo has been as expected. Hope to see you soon again.
regards
Jonay Afonso .
General Manager.
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our family (Myself, wife & 2 children 13 / 6) stayed 6th > 13th October with First Choice. This was our 2nd visit to the Flamingo Beach resort due to the superb holiday we had the same time last year.

Negatives -
1. We were allocated as per our request a room near the main pool with a sea view (A47). We walked into the room to be greeted with a really bad smell. We thought unpack put the air con on and open windows and go to the pool and smell will go away. After 4 hours poolside went back to the room and the smell was worse (only way I can describe is raw sewage or dead vermin). I went to sit down on the patio chair and it fell apart, also whilst we were repacking we put a dvd on for our 6 year old and to find the DVD player was faulty. We immediately complained and we were moved (C2) but we lost our 1st night due repacking, moving, unpacking again. Lost the 1st night due to repacking, moving & unpacking which really disappointed the whole family.

2. The rooms are starting to look a little tired and need a bit of a makeover (in my opinion)

After the initial disappointment the holiday was again very good.

Positives
Food & Drink - Excellent choice and quality. Kids are fussy eaters but as per last year so much choice from breakfast to evening meal and excellent quality. Everything that we wanted was catered for.

Service - All the way through was excellent - quick, efficient and most importantly family friendly

Pools - Clean, well maintained, excellent for the kids. Amusing when you see the reaction when adults go into the pool for the 1st time as the water is freezing - but this is the same in every pool I've been in in Lanzarote. After last year we were fully aware of the sunbed situation but my advice would be get there early.

Location - Right next to the beach, 20 minute walk into the town, but everything you need is in the supermarkets next to hotel. Ideal.

But what makes the holiday village experience is the entertainment and kids clubs, and this year the team were exceptional. They turn a good holiday into an unforgettable one for the kids and the adults. A big thank you to the Kids Club reps (Superstars Club), my daughter was reluctant to go as she is shy but by the end of the holiday did not want to leave and it broke her heart the day we left but they all came to reception to say goodbye and give her a cuddle. The sort of touch which means a lot and gives it a personal touch, and it is very secure, no need to worry. And to the day & night time entertainment teams, which provided the humour throughout to get over such a disappointing start, a big thank you to Jamie (aka Will), Beth, Mel and the rest of the crew, yes it can be a bit repetitive and a bit cheesy but this is a Holiday Village and it is tailored to the children as it should be and they enjoy it. I hate to single out 1 person for special praise but in this case I will - Stand up Mr Frank James - What a talented, funny guy (comedian, singer, entertainer etc) in the end we only had to look at him and he would make us smile. His individual audience which he did a swing music night and Q&A session was exceptional. A guy destined for bigger things I hope.

Overall I have to rate the holiday it as average 1st day was terrible next 6 days were very good.

Room Tip: Apartments closer to beach are quieter but would advise to e-mail hotel in advance to try and sort o...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been to lanzarote lots of times over the years but this hotel was by far the best we have stayed in.there was six of us 4 adults and 2 children my son Connor 9 and Yasmin 5 they had there best holiday ever they did not won't to come home alot to do with the entertainment team my son could not get enough of frank who is one of the entertainment team he is so good at everything from singing and dancing to just jumping in the pool to play with the kids.and my daughter was the same with Jamie another one of the entertainment team he is the same good at everything and my daughter just loved him.the others are very good to just that my 2 kids just loved these 2 the best.i could go on and on about how good the holiday village is but this hotel has everything the food is very good and the drinks and it is right on the beach but most of all the entertainment team was so good the best I have ever seen in any hotel.jon and char from Plymouth

Room Tip: 37a was the room we stayed in great pool view and sea
Burnham-on-sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and 2 girls stayed at the Flamingo Beach Resort from 3rd to 13th Oct and loved every minute.
The greeting we got on arrival was very good, we arrived late but they had put on a light buffet for us. Apartment C28 was lovely great views 2 seconds from the beach and less than a minute away from the pool.

All of the staff were great especially "FRANK" and "BETH (BEN)".

Daytime Entertainment around the pool was good trying to get everyone involved. Lots of activities for all of the kids and big kids.
Night time Entertainment was great even though we didn't win the bingo. The shows were great and we can't get "i 5 live" out of our heads.

The food was very nice in every restaurant but The Green and Grill was gert lush and Nando was very good with the kids. You must have the steaks mmmm I did eat far to much but when the steaks were that good you had to.

I was a little concerned by some of the reviews on here but within the first day all of these concerns were forgotten.

Well done to you all at the Flamingo Beach resort we had a Fantastic first family holiday abroad the only thing we wish we had done was stayed longer.

Room Tip: C28 had great views of the beach.
Dear customers
Thank you for your nice words.
Yes we have a great team and in general we have very satisfied customers with everything: food, cleaning, service, etc. Of course it is impossible to please everyone but the big majority thinks you. Hope to see you soon again.
Best regards
Jonay Afonso.
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We travelled to Flamingo Beach with first choice for 7 night in October 2013, myself, husband and 4 year old son.
Where to start.....
From start to finish this is the best family holiday we have experienced, with the emphasis on family. I have never known a resort be so family friendly and family orientated.
Food...fantastic selection, all fresh and hot. I have to eat gluten free and was very nervous if there would be plenty to eat. I need not have worried! Everything was labelled! It was the best all inclusive buffet I have experienced. The tex mex and green and grill restaurants were also fantastic quality. There are 2 other restaurants but we did not try these (not for any reason)
Apartments....I emailed the hotel prior to travelling asking if we could have a room in a quiet area...we were given an apartment overlooking the quiet pool! Perfect! It is great to have an apartment rather than just a room. We took the pull out bed into the bedroom as we didn't want our son in the living room on his own and there was still plenty of room in the bedroom. Beds are very hard but that's personal preference. Only reason I didn't give a 5 is the rooms are not cleaned everyday (not on wed & sat).
Entertainment/kids club....for us this is what made the holiday. Our son LOVED it which in turn meant we were relaxed. The first choice reps deserve medals, they are always full of energy and enthusiasm. I never once worried if our son was ok and was very impressed by the structure and security of the kids club.
No issue with sunbeds, there were always plenty available.
The resort is kept spotlessly clean, there were always cleaners/staff around the pools, cleaning the restaurant etc.
The only thing we said is we wouldn't like to travel in high season as imagine it would be too busy.
Would recommend anyone looking for a family holiday to book the hotel, we've already decided to go back next year and we've never repeated te same holiday before!!

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!