We stayed in the holiday village from 13th - 20th June. Our party was made up of my inlaws, my husband, 4 year old son & me.
First impressions were good, reps and reception staff very helpful and friendly. We upgraded to a superior rooms and I emailed Angel before to request rooms in block C which we were given (thanks very much Angel) Really happy with them, very spacious, great terraces with sunbeds and table & chairs plus a minute walk away from the beach. The rooms are a bit dated but the are a good size and have everything you need. Beds are comfy too.
We thought the food was great, plenty of choice to suit everyone. The drinks were lovely too, the rose wine went down a treat! We never waited for a table at all. We had 4 vouchers for each of the themed restaurants. The were all nice but the Tex Mex & The Tavern by the Sea were the best by far. My inlaws had never been all inclusive before and they are converted now, they thought the standard of food was brilliant and couldn't believe the amount of choice.
We found the waiting staff and chefs excellent, they always made time for my little boy which he loved. The staff worked so hard I don't know how they manage to keep the place so clean.
The kids club was fantastic, my little boy was a bit nervous at first but the reps totally put him at ease and he really enjoyed the sessions. We had no problems getting him in to the clubs. The only time we had to book was for the chocolate party one evening.
There is an issue with people reserving sunbeds but this does seem to happen everywhere. We did end up having to join them. The beach was really lovely, we alternated between beach and the pool every other day. There is noise around the pool with the entertainment but I didn't find it too bad. It is a family resort, there will always be things going on.
The only thing we weren't keen on was the moon bar, it was far to loud and not to our taste at all. We didn't think the kids entertainment was up to much, the small dance floor area was packed with kids watched the reps play bingo.
The rooms were cleaned 5 days out of 7 I think and again the cleaners were great. All the staff work so hard in this resort.
All in all we had a great holiday and would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca