“Coming back again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Lanzarote Park

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Lanzarote Park to your Saves list
Iberostar Lanzarote Park
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida Archipielago, 7, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 35 hotels in Playa Blanca
“Coming back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 2 weeks at this great hotel, our second visit and we've already decided to go again next year.

Hotel is in a perfect position, the rooms are spotlessly clean and despite no air con and 40+c temps outside, surprisingly cool. There's a fantastic variety of food and drink- make sure you go all inclusive, it's fantastic value for money.

Can't rate this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013

1,260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with friendly, helpful staff and the most wonderful food. The rooms are clean but basic but having a fridge was a bonus, air con is a must for the future thou - 41degrees and no air con does not make for a good nights sleep. Beds a little hard and would have benefited from an extra pillow. For peak session the hotel was not overly busy there were ample sun beds to go round although you had to be up early to get a good spot.
Can not fault the food it was excellent, all inclusive is a must. The menu was varied and multiple choices available every night. Chocolate fountain was fantastic as was the lemon torte. Well done Iberostar will definitely book again.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Bury, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just returned from our third visit to the Lanzarote Park. Overall, we had a good holiday, but there are one or two things that really need to be sorted at this hotel.
However, good points first.
The hotel is clean and tidy.
The location is fabulous, great views, and a mostly level walk into Play Blanca. Good for people like me who need to use a stick sometimes.
Staff in general are excellent.
All inclusive deal is good, Food is good, some of it cooked off in full view at mealtimes.... prepare to gain weight!
The entertainment team really are multi-talented, multi-lingual and very good, although some guests seem to think that they can perform their shows in multiple languages. If you choose to visit here, be aware that the guests are from lots of different countries, and, the entertainment might be in Spanish, German or English ( or something else). I cannot fault the kids activities - they love it. Our 16 year old is insisting that we return so he can meet his friends ( again - that's why we went back this year too!))
One final good point... there are three pool areas, each with at least two pools, the main one has three... each area has a lifeguard, and first aid is always available, for any minor injury.
Bad points -
As I have said, the entertainment team are good, and they also bring in artistes from outside ... and the youngsters have their own early evening entertainment, until about 9 -9.30. but I do feel that young children shouldn't be in the lounge bar late into the evening, or at very least, not running around unchecked, or taking over the dance floor.... it's like being at a wedding. This is not an adults only Hotel, but neither is it totally a kids focussed hotel, although there are three kids clubs so they are entertained most of the day...... there are plenty of guests without children in their party, and I suspect many of them won't return... there needs to be a happy medium.
During our first week, a number of people cut their feet on the pool tiles, which are coming loose in the main central pool. The second week, the hotel started to put down a rubberised covering over the tiles. clearly, the whole lot needs to be re-tiled, but as this is high season, they are unlikely to close the pool to do the job. Hopefully, they will do so during the low season, but I have to say, the tiles had started to loosen last year, so why wait until people are getting cut feet to take action.
We are not overly fussy about bathroom towel changes, as most hotels ask you not to leave towels over the bath to indicate you want them to be changed unless you really want them to, to save environmental impact etc., and I'm happy to comply with that. However, no matter if the towels really really did need to be changed, fresh ones were not always provided.. we didn't have this problem last year. Other than that the rooms are cleaned almost daily and thoroughly.
Finally,... and this meant that I left on a low note....... and should serve as a warning... pay the extra and book to keep your room if you are leaving late in the day.... this was my experience.... and I'm still angry about it............ we could not keep our room on our last day ( not permitted on Fridays), so had to use the absolutely awful luggage store and bathroom facilities. These should be separated. Apparently, if you need to use the shower, you must drag your luggage into the bathroom so that other people can access their luggage. Obvious, yes, but... there are two showers two sinks, etc, all in one bathroom. ... which means that if a shower is empty, someone from another party - either sex... just barges in. That's probably why the lady with her three children who was using the facilities before us, had locked the luggage store door. At the point when only one girl was left in the bathroom, I went in for my shower, as the other two members of our party are male. They stayed in the luggage store sorting out luggage and their change of clothes etc, in the one square foot of space available. I assume they dropped the catch on the door, or perhaps the other lady did when she left with her children. If the bathroom had been clear, we could all have gone into the bathroom together, and left the luggage store open for other guests. After no more than 5 minutes, ( yes, really ) both Males had just started to go into the bathroom, I was just about to dry off, and I was then subjected to a good old fashioned, embarrassing, and very loud 'telling off' from one objectionable receptionist, at the doorway onto the corridor, in front of a couple of dozen other guests, whilst I was still dripping wet, with a towel round me. I wouldn't have minded so much if I had been the person to hold things up, but the culprit was one ( very junior ) member of the previous party, who simply didn't feel ready to leave the mirror to deal with the final touches to her hair. As the hoard then invaded the room, I almost had my towel dragged off me, ( not a pretty sight )as I struggled to move myself and my case out of the way of the people who almost knocked me over and stood on my clothes.
Oh yes, the beds are a bit on the hard side.
We will return to the Lanzarote park, as our 16 year old wants to return.... also, I simply love the location, the food is good, most of the staff are lovely, and at least we know what we are getting, but I doubt we will go back after that, at least, not in high season.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have at least a side sea view.
Brighouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As stated above great location, staff were very helpful, the food was great, could eat all day if you wanted!
Only downside no air conditioning in rooms, but fan hire helped a great deal. Sea views were great.
A lift from reception to dinning/pool area would be helpful for the less ambient, like me, but I managed!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Saint Helens, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A long while since we stayed in a hotel but would definitely come here again.For a 3* hotel we were totally impressed with this hotel from the moment we walked into reception with the great veiw.We were dealt with smoothly and quickly on check-in the staff were very friendly and helpful, very impressed with the multi-language ability of the reception staff. the rooms were very adequate with a fridge and free bottles of water.The animaition team were fantastic how they remember all the different dance steps i dont know they work very very hard those guys . The range and quality of the food was fantastic, it would be possible to stay for a fortnight and not eat the same meal twice. I suppose with most hotels the sunbed saga but i hate it when people get a bed at 7am but are not seen on it until 3pm

Room Tip: C block it was peaceful and quiet
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

A long while since we stayed in a hotel but would definitely come here again. Apart from the tendency of guests to place towels on sun beds before breakfast and not use them until after lunch i have nothing but praise for this hotel. The range and quality of the food was fantastic, it would be possible to stay for a fortnight and not eat the same meal twice. The staff were very friendly and helpful, very impressed with the multi-language ability of the reception staff. We dont really go for in hotel entertainment but from what we saw those that do would not be disappointed. We were happy to sit outside the bar with a cocktail and take advantage of the daily free 30 minutes of wifi - the weekly rates of paid for wifi looked reasonable too. Cannot recommend highly enough,

Room Tip: take second or third floor in blocks C or B so can leave balcony doors open at night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just had a 2 week stay here & found it a great place to stay. The entertainment staff work very hard & are not pushy as we have experienced with other hotels. The restaurant staff ( waiters, waitresses & chefs) are amazing & are on the go constantly. The choice of food at any sitting is fabulous. All reception staff were helpful & dealt with any issues swiftly. There were various professional entertainment evenings in both the main bar & pool bar areas, we opted for the pool bar as it was cooler outside. Our room was in block C on the 3rd floor with amazing views. I think our room had been painted fairly recently so looked fresh & clean, but there were definitely areas that could be improved on like a new bath & bed covers a little untidy. I would recommend hiring a fan as during our stay there was a Sahara Desert dust cloud which caused the temperature to rise. Other services used were a safety deposit box 16.90 euros per week plus 5 euros deposit & room extension due to a late departure, 26.50 euros. Enjoyed by all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Lanzarote Park? Share your experiences!