“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of THB Corbeta

You added THB Corbeta to your Saves list
THB Corbeta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Faro de Pechiguera s/n, 35570 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for a week on half board from 27th April. The chalets are clean, maid service every day including Sunday. The food was good and varied. Same breakfast every day, but the evening meals were themed, i.e. Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Mexican, etc. Can't comment on the midday meal as we were half board. A slight gripe could be the lack of snacks at lunchtime for those not full board, but we went into town anyway.
Evening entertainment provided was not our cup of tea so we went to the beachside bars where there is quite a good selection of live music.
The marina is a ten minute walk down a gravel path at the side of the hotel, or there is a free bus to the beach 3 or 4 times a day. Playa Blanca is very nice, clean, and no touts bother you. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my partner and our 1yr old son at end of April.

Firstly, a massive thank you to Ana on reception. On arrival after an hour transfer we were quickly checked in and went to our room. After going out to eat we came back and found a massive cockroach in our room! we called reception who sent someone immediately, where it was removed And told to go to reception to have our room changed. Ana than upgraded us to a deluxe room which was fantastic. Spotless, much bigger with a lovely patio and an even nicer bathroom. This definitely ensured our holiday was perfect from then on.

The food varied everyday and both my partner and I couldn't believe how good it was for all inclusive. Breakfast gave you the option for hot, continental or fresh fruit. lunch always differed from dinner and there was always something for my lil one to eat who can be quite fussy. the pizzeria was good too, although the pastas were rather plain. Also, they do do takeaway but at a fee, which we thought was wasteful when one night we couldn't finish a pizza but was told couldn't take it, it has to be thrown away!

The pool was by far the best aspect of the hotel. Always clean and always plenty of sunbeds at thE kids pool which was perfect as my son could safely play in the water with us watching whilst tanning poolside!

Also, the animacion team were supberb. Hanna and Lucy were excellent and took a real shine to my son, playing with him even though he was not old enough for the mini club.

we shall definitely be returning, hopefully before the end of the year

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked my holiday at thb Corbeta from 1-17 May which is the longest I have ever stayed in a hotel. ( I am solo tourist currently staying at the hotel) I chosen Playa Blanca as it's more quite than other destinations and I needed a nice and quite place to relax, I was very pleased with everything when arrived. However for me the hotel it's too far from the beach. The walking distance to the nearest beach is about 20 mints and it can be very exhausting when walking in the heat. I had to book 3 taxis one day and spend over 10 euros just to be able to go out and come back to the hotel safe, late at night or bring my heavy shopping. Also I noticed there is a very poor room service at the hotel. The cleaning lady would not change my bed and she left me the clean sheets so I can make up my own bed, also the kitchen does not get any service. I had some dirty dishes in the cupboard that haven't been cleaned properly after the previous tenant. I don't usually cook in the self catering facilities but use them to make a tea or coffee, however this time I decided to make some eggs for breakfast. The frying pan was left dirty until the following day. When I wanted to cook another breakfast I had to scrape off the old egg and use the toilet tissue to wipe it of as i had no washing up liquid or sponge. When I mentioned in reception that my dishes were not cleaned I was told that it is my responsibility to wash my dishes. How shocked was I to hear that!! I stayed in so many self catering hotels and never was so offended. I come on holiday to relax, not to clean my dishes or make up my own bed!! This is totally out of order!! Self catering means provide your own food not clean your dishes. Cleaning should still be provided as kitchen is part of the bungalow. There was no such information provided when I was booking this holiday. Otherwise I would never stayed here. This is not just a long weekend stay I am staying in this hotel for 17 days! I traveled to all of the canaries over the years always with self catering and the cleaning of the kitchen was always included. I never had to complaint.
I recommend Playa Blanca as a nice place to visit but not this hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
DirectorCorbeta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Corbeta, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear client,
Thank you so much for these review and to give me the possibility to speak with you. I´m very lucky when I saw you still be in our hotel. On these case I have had the possibility to speak with you and arrive to have a good solution. Like you told me, you didn´t trust your review was reading for anybody but, surprise we did it. THB have these politic and for us is so important to have these feedback from our clients and try to make a very special feeling of our work. I´m so glad to offer these possibility and we feel glad to do it.
Thank so much to reserve with us and hope a very nice holydays with us. Don´t forget to ask me wherever.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Spent a week at the corbeta with my mum and 8 yr old son , we all had a fantastic holiday . I had booked self catering but decided to upgrade to deluxe bungalow and all inclusive after 1st night as we wanted a larger terrace, room was lovely well set out and clean , pools were great as was the kids club , all staff were friendly and helpful especially at reception and Hannah and angel in the kids club were great fun and made the holiday for my son .
All in all great hotel for great price, we will definitely be back with the rest of the family .

Dear client,
Thank you so much for these nice review. The most important part of our work is to makes a very special holidays and obviously went you came with your family. We really appreciate your feelings on these review and you can be sure we are going to make the same work always looking for the best.
Thank you so much for coming, it will be so nice to see you again with us.
Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good reception and pool area. The rooms were set out nicely in the grounds but in dire need of an update. However, cleanliness good & room cleaned daily. No kettle so we had to boil water in a pan on a slow hob for our morning coffee.
We booked room only and spent most of our time in Playa Blanca at the beach and eating & drinking at night but to be fair that was always our intention.
Would recommend the hotel as a good base but from observations the all inclusive option leaves a lot to be desired.
Taxis are cheap. Less than 4 euros to or from playa Blanca centre.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
DirectorCorbeta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Corbeta, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear client,
Thank you so much for your information. We are looking to renovated all the rooms and these information for us is so important. On the future also we will try to put some kettles in all the rooms just to be sure our clients will have it.
Thank you very much to choose us and hope to see you again with us.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We made a good choice. Staff were very friendly,.The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The pools were clean and used all the time by families. Some are heated for the younger children too. All in all we recommend this for a choice to stay in the southern part of Lanzarote.

Room Tip: Ask to be near pool.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear client,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We are so glad to listen these amazing holidays you have had with us. We really appreciate.
Thank you very much for coming and hope to see you again very soon.
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice resort. The pools are clean and in good conditions. Nice service people. The clean ladies did our days more confortable (leave some blankets flowers). Thanks
In the apartment do not clean the dishes, glasses...we did not know It. And there were some ants... If you want to use tv or security box you must pay. Breakfast: no good, the juices very bad teasted, coffee ok, variaty ok.
There is an option to "rent" pool towels, the hotel borrow them.
Quality and price are ok.

Dear client,
Thank you so much for your review. We tried to eliminate the problems with the ants but they always appear when there is food and because of we are on the forest it´s so difficult to eradicate it. Otherwise we are trying to do it.
Thank you so much to book with us and hope to see you again very soon.
Best regards

Been to THB Corbeta? Share your experiences!