“The worst self catering hotel I have ever stayed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of THB Corbeta

You added THB Corbeta to your Saves list
THB Corbeta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Faro de Pechiguera s/n, 35570 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
“The worst self catering hotel I have ever stayed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I booked my holiday at thb Corbeta from 1-17 May which is the longest I have ever stayed in a hotel. ( I am solo tourist currently staying at the hotel) I chosen Playa Blanca as it's more quite than other destinations and I needed a nice and quite place to relax, I was very pleased with everything when arrived. However for me the hotel it's too far from the beach. The walking distance to the nearest beach is about 20 mints and it can be very exhausting when walking in the heat. I had to book 3 taxis one day and spend over 10 euros just to be able to go out and come back to the hotel safe, late at night or bring my heavy shopping. Also I noticed there is a very poor room service at the hotel. The cleaning lady would not change my bed and she left me the clean sheets so I can make up my own bed, also the kitchen does not get any service. I had some dirty dishes in the cupboard that haven't been cleaned properly after the previous tenant. I don't usually cook in the self catering facilities but use them to make a tea or coffee, however this time I decided to make some eggs for breakfast. The frying pan was left dirty until the following day. When I wanted to cook another breakfast I had to scrape off the old egg and use the toilet tissue to wipe it of as i had no washing up liquid or sponge. When I mentioned in reception that my dishes were not cleaned I was told that it is my responsibility to wash my dishes. How shocked was I to hear that!! I stayed in so many self catering hotels and never was so offended. I come on holiday to relax, not to clean my dishes or make up my own bed!! This is totally out of order!! Self catering means provide your own food not clean your dishes. Cleaning should still be provided as kitchen is part of the bungalow. There was no such information provided when I was booking this holiday. Otherwise I would never stayed here. This is not just a long weekend stay I am staying in this hotel for 17 days! I traveled to all of the canaries over the years always with self catering and the cleaning of the kitchen was always included. I never had to complaint.
I recommend Playa Blanca as a nice place to visit but not this hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Spent a week at the corbeta with my mum and 8 yr old son , we all had a fantastic holiday . I had booked self catering but decided to upgrade to deluxe bungalow and all inclusive after 1st night as we wanted a larger terrace, room was lovely well set out and clean , pools were great as was the kids club , all staff were friendly and helpful especially at reception and Hannah and angel in the kids club were great fun and made the holiday for my son .
All in all great hotel for great price, we will definitely be back with the rest of the family .

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good reception and pool area. The rooms were set out nicely in the grounds but in dire need of an update. However, cleanliness good & room cleaned daily. No kettle so we had to boil water in a pan on a slow hob for our morning coffee.
We booked room only and spent most of our time in Playa Blanca at the beach and eating & drinking at night but to be fair that was always our intention.
Would recommend the hotel as a good base but from observations the all inclusive option leaves a lot to be desired.
Taxis are cheap. Less than 4 euros to or from playa Blanca centre.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
DirectorCorbeta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Corbeta, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear client,
Thank you so much for your information. We are looking to renovated all the rooms and these information for us is so important. On the future also we will try to put some kettles in all the rooms just to be sure our clients will have it.
Thank you very much to choose us and hope to see you again with us.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We made a good choice. Staff were very friendly,.The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The pools were clean and used all the time by families. Some are heated for the younger children too. All in all we recommend this for a choice to stay in the southern part of Lanzarote.

Room Tip: Ask to be near pool.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear client,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We are so glad to listen these amazing holidays you have had with us. We really appreciate.
Thank you very much for coming and hope to see you again very soon.
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice resort. The pools are clean and in good conditions. Nice service people. The clean ladies did our days more confortable (leave some blankets flowers). Thanks
In the apartment do not clean the dishes, glasses...we did not know It. And there were some ants... If you want to use tv or security box you must pay. Breakfast: no good, the juices very bad teasted, coffee ok, variaty ok.
There is an option to "rent" pool towels, the hotel borrow them.
Quality and price are ok.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear client,
Thank you so much for your review. We tried to eliminate the problems with the ants but they always appear when there is food and because of we are on the forest it´s so difficult to eradicate it. Otherwise we are trying to do it.
Thank you so much to book with us and hope to see you again very soon.
Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Myself and my partner booked the corbetta as a break away whilst our son went on holiday with his grandparents. We were really looking forward to a relaxing break away.
Upon landing we were taken to the hotel which was set next to an area of wasteland, we needed to use this route to get to the beach and the harbour and wasnt somewhere i would have walked in the dark. Check in was quick and we headed off to the chalet to drop off our bags. The chalet was okay at best, safe didnt work, no kettle or cups/cutlery. We were all inclusive so could get coffee at the complex but would have been nice to have a cup when we first woke up. Cleanliness was okay, although sofa bed in lounge had seen better days. Proceeded to the bar and was looking forward to a Cocktail, was handed a lukewarm glass of orangey brown drink, definitely not a cocktail! It actually comes from a machine and none of the cocktails are handmade, tastes like the cheap stuff from Asda! Didn’t finish this and spent the rest of the holiday drinking lager.
Food was generally not good, odd meats over and over again at lunch and dinner. Breakfast was probably the most edible meal of the day. Booked into the restaurant on one night rather than the buffet and it was a lot better although again not much variety.
Entertainment wasn’t good so we spent most nights out of the hotel, some very nice irish bars nearby with live artists.
Another downside was the gentleman constantly harassing you in the foyer to buy knocked off goods, ie the Roy Bon sunglasses that he tried selling us. If we want them we will ask!!!
Pool area was probably the best part of the hotel, nice and warm and we also enjoyed the poolside bar where you could get toasties and burgers which were always nice.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
Wouldn’t return to the hotel due to the poor food and drinks. Would advise anyone booking not to bother going all inclusive. Just not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DirectorCorbeta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Corbeta, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments. We are so sorry to know you didn´t passed a nice holidays in our complex. The room you booked is always the same when you came in all inclusive. At the moment nobody inform that they would wish a tea or coffee facilities on the room. Our rooms are standard rooms and with the category of 3 starts, the category we have in our hotel. Otherwise we appreciated your comments just to try to improve on the next future.
Thank you to book in our hotel, hope to see you very soon.
Skegness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and the wife stayed for 11 nights self catering ( only £11 a night ) bargain . Great facilities / lovely pool . We just used the hotel as a base and spent as much time enjoying the holiday travelling and visiting the sights . We never used the restaurant facilities so can't comment on the food . We are planning on staying again why not for £11 a night

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to THB Corbeta? Share your experiences!