My wife and I have just returned from a week long break at Tropical Island, from the initial contact in the reception to the seamless checkout our stay was very pleasant, the rooms are a really good size with all the self catering amenities should you want them, we were all inclusive so only used the kettle!
The lounge was a nice size and although the tv was slightly old fashioned it had a fair few channels on to watch such as sky sports,ITV and BBC, which is nice when you are waiting to get ready to go out, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom a good size, there a loads of pools around the complex and the main pool is absolutely massive, with a lovely koi pond and extensive grounds this complex really is fantastic.
The food was plentiful and although quite fussy my wife and I always found plenty to eat and it was of a good standard, the drinks were again of a good standard and we never had any trouble getting served etc, entertainment was a bit hit and miss but the guys tried there best we did have a few laughs though!
Playa Blanca is a short walk or 3 euro taxi away and is a very nice resort, lots of bars with entertainment on and the shopping is great, cheap cigarettes and a bargain bottle of Jamesons!
We would not hesitate to return here especially with the kids as there is loads for them to do and all in a very safe and secure complex.
The only thing we found to moan about was the weather which was very hit and miss, warm sunshine then cold winds lol, but hey at least we weren't at work!!
Also went to Fuertoventura by the small catamaran, my advice take a sick bag with you, my word it was extremely uncomfortable on the way back, not much breeze but the boat was getting thrown around!
All in all a very nice break in a very good complex, thanks to all the staff for the great service we received during our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The THB Tropical Island **** is located in Playa Blanca, a quiet fishing village in the municipality of Yaiza in the south of Lanzarote.It was built respecting the environment and the architectural lines of the island, keeping the typical colors and heights. With an area of 102.000m ² of which 56.000 m² are green and leisure areas, 8 swimming pools, 2 giant pools (one of them 1300m ²), 4 children's pools, a Splash Park children water park, 2 outdoor jacuzzis, 2 pool bars, playground , 2 tennis courts, 2 multi-sports courts and 2 big show rooms for 450 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca